Officejet Pro 8600 Plus ...paper TRAY wont close all the way? (2239 Views)
Honor Student
Mimirow
Message 1 of 10 (2,239 Views)

Officejet Pro 8600 Plus ...paper TRAY wont close all the way?

My Officejet Pro 8600 Plus paper tray will not return to the proper position. This has happened TWICE now, and always about 3 weeks into using it...

I returned the first printer and replaced it with the same because we love the features and ease of use. But now,  AGAIN?? 

I tried printing with it hanging out this time..it will print, but ....COME ON!  It makes it real hard to pull out the tray that my paper lays on after printing!

I called HP support the first time, he couldnt help me. Just said replace it.  There has to be something I can do a button or something?  I cant see it..does anyone else know?

Provost
Bob_Headrick
Message 2 of 10 (2,196 Views)

Re: Officejet Pro 8600 Plus ...paper TRAY wont close all the way?

It appears your issue was resolved in this thread.

Bob Headrick, Microsoft MVP Windows Expert - Consumer,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of Microsoft or HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

<----   If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You".

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button ---->

Student
memsr
Message 3 of 10 (1,951 Views)

Is there a fix for this problem other than a waranty exchange or new tray?  Thanks!

Provost
Bob_Headrick
Message 4 of 10 (1,947 Views)

memsr wrote:

Is there a fix for this problem other than a waranty exchange or new tray?  Thanks!

See the thread here.

I am not an employee of Microsoft or HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

<----   If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You".

Honor Student
Zadora
Message 5 of 10 (1,045 Views)

I read responses for legal paper and also second drawer but none of these solutions help me. I have a single drawer and when I pull it out too far to put in new paper I can't get it to slide back in. Help!!!

HP
Gemini02
Message 6 of 10 (1,013 Views)

Hi Zadora

I understand you aren't able to insert the paper tray.

Inspect the tray for any broken parts that might be sticking out and catching when trying to insert the tray.

Gently put in a little bit on the one corner and then line it up for both corners and just move it a bit side to side to slide it in.

I have included the manual, go to page 24 for loading and inserting tray.

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c03026243.pdf

Hope that helps.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!

Gemini02
I work on behalf of HP
Honor Student
Zadora
Message 7 of 10 (1,003 Views)

Unofrtunately useless information. By trial and error I have found the only way to replace the tray is to lift the entire printer from the front at about a 20 degree angle and then the tray slides in. Very defective design. Never buy another HP.

Provost
Bob_Headrick
Message 8 of 10 (998 Views)

Zadora wrote:

Unofrtunately useless information. By trial and error I have found the only way to replace the tray is to lift the entire printer from the front at about a 20 degree angle and then the tray slides in. Very defective design. Never buy another HP.

It is possible you have a defective unit, I would suggest you Contact HP for service.

It may not be any consolation for you, but the tray works fine on my Officejet 8600 Pro Plus.

Honor Student
Zadora
Message 9 of 10 (990 Views)

When I first googled this issue I found there were over 80 people with a similar problem so it is a design defect.

Student
fcorkum
Message 10 of 10 (350 Views)

Everything is clear where the papr tray goes in but it will not go into its proper position

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation