Question

Honor Student
ejoesmith3
Message 1 of 3 (1,784 Views)
Accepted Solution

Officejet Pro L7590 - Printer intermittently skips printing complete lines of black ink.

My Officejet Pro keeps intermittently skipping lines of black ink when I copy or print a document. There appears to be no pattern as to where on a page the line skips printing.  When I initially replaced my B/Y printhead, the problem appeared to have stopped and the pages appeared to be printing OK. But after a day or so, when I would print or copy another document, the problem reappears.  I have also replaced the black ink cartridge (twice), the problem still exists.

I love this printer because, when it's working, it prints and copies documents with excellent speed and clarity.  I don't want to spend another $200+ dollars for a replacement HP printer or an inordinate amount for repair of the existing printer.  Any suggestions??      

Associate Professor
kkcb9395
Message 2 of 3 (1,747 Views)

Re: Officejet Pro L7590 - Printer intermittently skips printing complete lines of black ink.

Hi - Try following the steps in this document (if you haven't already).  It should help narrow down the issue.

Hope that helps.

Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos thumbs up. Please mark the post that solves your problem as an Accepted Solution so other forum users can utilize the solution.

I am an HP employee.
Honor Student
ejoesmith3
Message 3 of 3 (1,721 Views)

Re: Officejet Pro L7590 - Printer intermittently skips printing complete lines of black ink.

THANKS VERY MUCH. Your suggestion seems to be working.

I was hesitant about replying too soon because I wanted to be sure the problem has been corrected this time.

Initially, I replaced the black ink cartridge (for a second time), but this didn't correct the problem.  Next, I replaced the black (B/Y) printhead (for the second time).  Now the printer is working just fine.

May be the first replacement printhead was defective, since the second replacement printhead seems to have solved the problem.  Fortunately, I was able to get a refund (replacement) for the first printhead.

Thanks again for your help. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation