Officejet Pro L7780 printhead error (3795 Views)
Honor Student
JC8688
Message 1 of 4 (3,795 Views)
Accepted Solution

Officejet Pro L7780 printhead error

I have an Officejet Pro L7780 All-in-One. Recently it does not work due to a printhead error (M/C printhead missing or damaged). Please help.  Many thanks.     

Intern
Marels
Message 2 of 4 (3,777 Views)

Re: Officejet Pro L7780 printhead error

Hello

Would the steps in the following document help solve the issue on your Officejet: http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c01628836&cc=us&lc=en&dlc=en&product=2512010&tmp...

Kind regards

Best regards,

Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.
Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"

Although I work for HP my posts and replies are my own .....
Intern
Sublimed
Message 3 of 4 (3,774 Views)

Hi,

Use the following link to perform the troubleshooting steps.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c01446637&cc=us&lc=en&dlc=en&product=2512010&tmp...

If you still recieve the error message after performing the troubleshooting steps mentioned in the document, then try the printhead cleaning from the printer menu.

Setup Menu--Tools--Clean Printhead

Setup Menu--Tools--Align Printer.

If none of these help then try this reset....this reset will restore the printer to its original factory settings & will erase all settings on the printer.

Unplug the power chord from the back of the printer while the printer is still ON.

Now press and hold "# & 9" keys on the printer, and connect the power chord while holding down the 2 keys. Wait for approx. 10 seconds and then release the keys.

If the printer powers off automatically, then wait for 10secs. and then turn ON the printer using the Power button on the printer.

Hope this helps.

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Honor Student
JC8688
Message 4 of 4 (3,770 Views)

No, I have tried all the ways you suggested, but the problem has still not been resolved.  I guess the printhead has been damaged in some reason.  I have placed an order for a new one, see if the new one works.  Thank you very much for your help.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation