Question

Top Student
asoltaninezhad
Message 1 of 10 (4,257 Views)

On the Product its written "No Strings in RO" .What does it mean and what should i do to fix it?

On the Product its written "No Strings in RO" .What does it mean and what should i do to fix it?

Provost
banhien
Message 2 of 10 (4,225 Views)

Re: On the Product its written "No Strings in RO" .What does it mean and what should i do

asoltaninezhad wrote:

Hi,

And what is the product ?

Regards,

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
Top Student
asoltaninezhad
Message 3 of 10 (4,222 Views)

Re: On the Product its written "No Strings in RO" .What does it mean and what should i do

its a HP Laserjet M1212nf MFP.
Provost
banhien
Message 4 of 10 (4,218 Views)

Hi,

I believe you've been looking around a lot and still no answer. Sorry I can't help. Hope someone can help you.

Good luck,

BH
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
Top Student
asoltaninezhad
Message 5 of 10 (4,216 Views)

thats right.i have looked for the answer a lot.But i accidentally fixed it (thought i let you know). i updated the fireware from the HP support website.it was a 5MB file i downloaded from Software and Driver Downloads.but i have another question.it also says "Supply memory error". can you help me with this one?
Provost
banhien
Message 6 of 10 (4,214 Views)

Hi,

Thanks for the info . This is a list of error codes:

http://www.all-laser.com/aerror-code/

Please check the code on your machine. Hope it's an easy fix.

Regards,

BH
Top Student
asoltaninezhad
Message 7 of 10 (4,212 Views)

thank you very much.good luck!
Student
essam8383
Message 8 of 10 (1,576 Views)

masagge no strings in ro
Student
NettyG2
Message 9 of 10 (765 Views)

I am having the same problem.  I have a brand new HP LaserJet M1217nfwMFP, and on the display screen it says "No Strings in RO".  I have tried removing the printer from the computer and re-installing it (it won't completely re-install).  I've tried a cold reset, no luck.  I cannot use the tools button, since the screen does not budge from the message.  It is not an error code. 

I can print, but I cannot use any other function.  I bought it to fax and scan also, and I cannot copy.  Simply print.  I loved HP up until now, I cannot figure out what is going on with this thing.  I've searched the boards, tried everything, and it still persists. 

When I try to re-install, it says it's not even connnected by USB port, despite the fact that the port works, the cable works, and it is plugged in.  Does anyone have any other idea that I can use?

Thanks....

HP Support Agent
Gemini02
Message 10 of 10 (749 Views)

Re: On the Product its written "No Strings in RO" .What does it mean and what should i do to fix it?

Hello

I understand you have the error "no strings in RO" and the other post now has a supply memory error.

Make sure the printer is plugged directly into a wall outlet.

asoltaninezhad

Supply memory error means the toner isn't being recognized. Remove the toner and make sure there are no orange plastic packing material on the end of the toner. Also check inside to make sure a tiny piece of paper isn't covering the sensor if you recently had a paper jam. Is the toner Genuine HP toner?
Reseat the toner.

Let me know what happens.

essam8383

NettyG2

The printer won't be recognized when in a error state.

I will send you a private message with the information to reset the printer.
In the forum beside your handle name just click on the envelope to view it.

Then run the firmware update for the printer by usb connection for the printer.

m1217
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?cc=us&dlc=en&lang=en&lc=en&product=4075472&

m1212
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?cc=us&dlc=en&lang=en&lc=en&product=3965849&

If you need more assistance just let me know.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Gemini02
I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation