12-04-2010 04:23 PM
I HAVE FOUND INFORMATION ON HOW TO LOAD AN ENVELOPE FOR PRINTING BUT NOT HOW TO FILL IN THE ADDRESS I WANT PRINTED ON THE ENVELOPE. WHAT DO I DO TO HAVE AN ADDRESS PRINTED ON THE ENVLOPE?
12-07-2010 08:38 PM
There are a few different ways to go about printing addresses on envelopes that I have used. The method I choose really depends mostly upon how many different addresses I have to print out. For now, I will just assume that you would like to print one address on one envelope. For something such as this, I feel the simplest thing to do is to use Microsoft Word; the instructions below apply to MS Word 2007:
-Open MS Word 2007
-Click on "Mailings" tab
-Click on "Envelopes" button (on the far left; clicking on this button opens up a dialog box, see below)
-When this "Envelopes and Labels" dialog box opens, you will be able to type in a return address and/or a delivery address for your envelope
-The "Options..." button will open up a dialog box ("Envelope Options"), which has 2 tabs:
1. "Envelope Options" tab will allow you to modify the font size used, as well as specify your envelope dimensions
2. "Printing Options" tab will allow you to mess with how you feed the envelope into the printer, but I tried that last year and all it did was make me frustrated and confused, so I wouldn't suggest messing with this tab (ever)!
(-Optional: You can choose to click on "Add to Document" to insert the envelope you design into your current document. This will allow you to see how it actually should look, before printing it. If you choose this, then I believe you will have to print it out just like any other document in Word)
-If you don't add the envelope to your document, then I think you can just print from the initial "Envelopes and Labels" box using the "Print..." button; I always wind up having to do a few practice runs before I get everything looking like I want it to.
I hope this helps (sorry about the wordiness); good luck!
- HP Connected - Finding Your Printer's Email Address in HP Connected
- HP Printers - How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number?
- HP Connected - Getting the Printer Claim Code
- HP Printers - Which Cartridges Work with My HP Printer?
- HP Officejet and Photosmart All-in-One Printers - The Automatic Document Feeder (ADF) Does Not Pick Up Paper