Question

Student
RAKARWOWSKI
Message 1 of 3 (531 Views)

PRINT AN ADDRESS ON AN ENVELOPE

I HAVE FOUND INFORMATION ON HOW TO LOAD AN ENVELOPE FOR PRINTING BUT NOT HOW TO FILL IN THE ADDRESS I WANT PRINTED ON THE ENVELOPE. WHAT DO I DO TO HAVE AN ADDRESS PRINTED ON THE ENVLOPE?

RAKARWOWSKI

Student
kbh_789
Message 2 of 3 (507 Views)

Re: PRINT AN ADDRESS ON AN ENVELOPE

There are a few different ways to go about printing addresses on envelopes that I have used.  The method I choose really depends mostly upon how many different addresses I have to print out.  For now, I will just assume that you would like to print one address on one envelope.  For something such as this, I feel the simplest thing to do is to use Microsoft Word;  the instructions below apply to MS Word 2007:

-Open MS Word 2007

-Click on "Mailings" tab

-Click on "Envelopes" button (on the far left;  clicking on this button opens up a dialog box, see below)

-When this "Envelopes and Labels" dialog box opens, you will be able to type in a return address and/or a delivery address for your envelope

-The "Options..." button will open up a dialog box ("Envelope Options"), which has 2 tabs:

1.  "Envelope Options" tab will allow you to modify the font size used, as well as specify your envelope dimensions

2.  "Printing Options" tab will allow you to mess with how you feed the envelope into the printer, but I tried that last year and all it did was make me frustrated and confused, so I wouldn't suggest messing with this tab (ever)!

(-Optional:  You can choose to click on "Add to Document"  to insert the envelope you design into your current document.  This will allow you to see how it actually should look, before printing it.  If you choose this, then I believe you will have to print it out just like any other document in Word)

-If you don't add the envelope to your document, then  I think you can just print from the initial "Envelopes and Labels" box using the "Print..." button;  I always wind up having to do a few practice runs before I get everything looking like I want it to.

I hope this helps (sorry about the wordiness);  good luck!

Kristin

Student
coachman73
Message 3 of 3 (297 Views)

Re: PRINT AN ADDRESS ON AN ENVELOPE

have a hp computer and printer but can't find out how to print envelopes address

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation