Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

Hi, demetri78

Followed all of your directions and on the last step, the printer did display, "Ready", for a few seconds and went back to display, Remove and check right cartridge with the exclamation sigh, "flashing on and off."

Any ideas for the unresolved problem??  Thank you, again for your help.

Mel

HP Recommended

Demetri78/All other Users,

Your suggestions can be sent to my personal e-mail: [Personal Information Removed]. Thank you, all. Be well.

Mel

HP Recommended

Hi  I tried this, got the test print sheet  & it cleared the error message. The printer returned to "ready" but  after about a minute, it started flashing the check right printer cartridge error message again.

Any suggestions?  Is it just time for this printer to go?

HP Recommended

Can someone answer my original question?? All responses can be sent to my personal e-mail: [Personal Information Removed]

Mel

Muffinhead01

HP Recommended

I also have this problem. I have the reset and the test page printed beautifully! So I know the cartridges work... but afterwards it just reverted back to the same "Remove and check color cartridge." screen.

Have you found a solution to the problem ?

HP Recommended

This worked...thank you very much. And to think I very nearly bought a new printer!

HP Recommended

Please accept my apologies for misleading anyone - the problem has now come back and wont go away. One try at cleaning the contacts and then calling it a day on the printer.

HP Recommended

Always an Error " Remove and check color cartridge " when start the Printer PSC 1610. How can I solve this problem?

HP Recommended
Thanks. This helped, but it is printing blank pages with the brand new ink. Weird.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.