PSC 2355 cartridge problem (5307 Views)
Honor Student
rosgrech
Message 1 of 9 (5,307 Views)

PSC 2355 cartridge problem

Hello,

I have a PSC 2355 (about 3 yrs old) connected by USB to my MAC OSX 10.3.9.

Suddenly I have an error message on the printer saying "remove and check color cartridge" - which I have done - followed all the suggestions step by step - downloaded the update that deals with it - but absolutely no joy.  Of course the printer is completely locked, can't print anything whatsoever and the toolbox can't even find the printer!

Is it completely kapput?  The colour cartridge was recently (less than 2 weeks ago) replaced and used quite efficiently and normally.  When this problem occured yesterday I also tried a fresh replacement cartridge.  Nothing seems to work.

Any other suggestions please?

Student
Loca
Message 2 of 9 (5,299 Views)

Re: PSC 2355 cartridge problem

I have the same problem with my HP Officejet 7410xi.

It is 2 years old and it just stopped during a printjob displaying the error 'Remove and check color cartridge". Now the printer won't do anything. It just starts with the error message and that's it, locked blocked I don't know how I should call it.

3 weeks ago I bought 3 new black cartridges and I don't want to buy a new color cartridge if the printer is broken. So I havent tried changing the cartridge.  

I've read a lot of forums in which a lot of people have the same problem with HP printers.

Time to change to a new brand?

I hope somebody has a solution!

Honor Student
rosgrech
Message 3 of 9 (5,282 Views)

Loca wrote:

It is 2 years old and it just stopped during a printjob displaying the error 'Remove and check color cartridge". Now the printer won't do anything. It just starts with the error message and that's it, locked blocked I don't know how I should call it.

3 weeks ago I bought 3 new black cartridges and I don't want to buy a new color cartridge if the printer is broken. So I havent tried changing the cartridge.  

I've read a lot of forums in which a lot of people have the same problem with HP printers.

Loca wrote:

Loca wrote:

Loca wrote:

Loca wrote:

"Time to change to a new brand?" it certainly is - I am off to buy a Canon later today.  IF I can get the HP one fixed then it's going on eBay!!

Student
blakestir
Message 4 of 9 (4,890 Views)

I know this is an old topic but maybe my experience will be helpful to someone.

I recently took home  hp  7410XI   ALL IN ONE .. 

A friend  of mine works with a local electronics recyclers  so i took home

a few printers ..

Anyways this unit after plugging  it in  it went through its startup  ordeal

and hulled with a message that said  check the color cartridge, replace

THIS IS THE SECOND TIME I HAVE SEEN THIS.

so i removed the cartridges and looking inside where the cartridge  electrically makes contact 

with these gold looking  half  rounded  dots i noticed in the surrounding area i saw a tare in the

film. This "film" is a flexible circuit ribbon. and it was clear that something had torn or poke

to where the lines  in the ribbon were interrupted or broken .

So needless to say   the startup process stops because  of a "short"  in the back

where the color cartridge slides into .

something to look for anyway.

and as for my fix

i went Bach down to the recyclers and took another one  and swapped out the ribbon part

with the other one.

good luck ..

Student
redmedea
Message 5 of 9 (4,442 Views)

Thank you, blakestir!

I had the same problem. Gently rubbing the 'film' with a cotton swab did the trick.

Student
aceofspies
Message 6 of 9 (1,915 Views)

I've got this problem, from forums there appears to no caste iron solution, and I've spent nearly 40 British pounds and a lot of time trying - that's nearly as much as the printer in the first place. I'm off to Which? magazine to find the best of a bad lot of printer manufacturers. If it's HP or Epson I'm in trouble. They mostly seem to supply cheap and unreliable hardware and buggy software and expensive but equally unreliable consumables. The HP Deskjet 2050 which I purchased for my partner produced prints of such poor quality that it remains unused.

seg Student
Student
seg
Message 7 of 9 (1,556 Views)

"remove and check color cartridge"  How do you fix this problem or do you need to buy something i.e. a new cartridge?  A new pringer?  thank you.  Buying a new cartridge when the one I have in there is practically brand new seems a waste, but cheaper than a new printer.

Student
MrMichaelMayson
Message 8 of 9 (769 Views)

I'm trying everything....

You have to come up with a soloution.

You put the bug in here!

MM

Regents Professor
AttackofZaq
Message 9 of 9 (759 Views)

Hello MrMichaelMayson.  I understand you've received the "print cartridge problem" error on your printer.  Is this correct?

I'd like to confirm that you're using the PSC 2355 printer.  Is this correct?

Try the steps suggested in this document and let me know the result.

Have a wonderful afternoon.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please click the white star under my name to give me Kudos as a way to say "Thanks!"

Click the "Accept as Solution" button if I resolve your issue.

I work for HP.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation