Paper Jam!!! HP Deskjet 2050 All-in-One J5101 printer (6904 Views)
Student
Printergirl
Message 1 of 3 (6,904 Views)

Paper Jam!!! HP Deskjet 2050 All-in-One J5101 printer

I bought this printer at a Wal-mart on April 2, 2011 & have only been able to use it a grand total of 2 times, neither of which was w/o a great deal of difficulty due to continual paper jams.  Now, I cannot print at all, w/o encountering a paper jam.  When the printer pulls the paper in to start the job, it pulls the paper onto the roller crooked every time.  I have tried to use just a few sheets, a small stack of sheets, manually assist the feed, NOTHING works.  I tried to return the printer to Wal-mart for either a trade in or my money back & now that it has been more than 15 days, they won't & I am out $50+ (first mistake was thinking it would be a decent printer for that amount of $).

I want my money back and the printer should be covered under warranty.  How do I go about this process?  I am really upset that I couldn't get support in the store I purchased it from but that is another matter all together.  I would appreciate any suggestions or guidance someone can offer.

PhD Student
kkcb9395
Message 2 of 3 (6,888 Views)

Re: Paper Jam!!! HP Deskjet 2050 All-in-One J5101 printer

Hi - Try following the steps in this document, in the "Experiencing frequent or recurring paper jams" section.  In many cases, cleaning the rollers will take care of the problem.  If following the steps in the doc don't resolve the issue, follow this link to get numbers for support.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/contacthp?lc=en&dlc=en&cc=us&lang=en&product=4027469

Hope that helps.

Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos Star. Please mark the post that solves your problem as an Accepted Solution so other forum users can utilize the solution.

I am an HP employee.
Master's Graduate
skippyjohnson
Message 3 of 3 (6,357 Views)

Re: Paper Jam!!! HP Deskjet 2050 All-in-One J5101 printer

This video shows the steps described in the previous post.

I am an HP employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation