05-06-2011 07:29 AM
I bought this printer at a Wal-mart on April 2, 2011 & have only been able to use it a grand total of 2 times, neither of which was w/o a great deal of difficulty due to continual paper jams. Now, I cannot print at all, w/o encountering a paper jam. When the printer pulls the paper in to start the job, it pulls the paper onto the roller crooked every time. I have tried to use just a few sheets, a small stack of sheets, manually assist the feed, NOTHING works. I tried to return the printer to Wal-mart for either a trade in or my money back & now that it has been more than 15 days, they won't & I am out $50+ (first mistake was thinking it would be a decent printer for that amount of $).
I want my money back and the printer should be covered under warranty. How do I go about this process? I am really upset that I couldn't get support in the store I purchased it from but that is another matter all together. I would appreciate any suggestions or guidance someone can offer.
05-06-2011 07:46 AM
Hi - Try following the steps in this document, in the "Experiencing frequent or recurring paper jams" section. In many cases, cleaning the rollers will take care of the problem. If following the steps in the doc don't resolve the issue, follow this link to get numbers for support.
Hope that helps.
I am an HP employee.
- HP Connected - Finding Your Printer's Email Address in HP Connected
- HP Printers - How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number?
- HP Connected - Getting the Printer Claim Code
- HP Printers - Which Cartridges Work with My HP Printer?
- HP Officejet and Photosmart All-in-One Printers - The Automatic Document Feeder (ADF) Does Not Pick Up Paper