Paper Jam (13785 Views)
Honor Student
skulspike92
Message 1 of 20 (13,785 Views)

Paper Jam

I have a HP OfficeJet 8500 Premier Series printer that I bought not to long ago. All of a sudden I got the dreaded paper jam error. I tried to clear the paper jam, but there was none. I did all the steps on the online guide to clear the paper jam, but the error message constantly comes up. Here is the error message:

Open the print carriage access door, clear the jam then press ok to continue

As far as I can see, there is no paper jam in the printer, I have taken out every single part to see if there was paper in it, but there was none. So, can anyone tell me what technique to try next to clear this paper jam.

Student
swakkenhammer
Message 2 of 20 (13,769 Views)

Re: Paper Jam

You might try unplugging the units power source for 5-10 seconds, then plug back in and see if you still have the same problem.

Good Luck

Honor Student
mcdermid
Message 3 of 20 (13,721 Views)

I have the same problem and it just happened. I have used my printer since September without a problem. The message Paper Jam keeps on showing on the screen. I have tried everything they have suggested several times and there is no paper jams inside.

It makes a clicking noise as if trying to print but then the Paper Jam comes up again,

Not sure where to go for service.

I need my printer to work  

Help!

Student
kimmykay222
Message 4 of 20 (13,718 Views)

I have the same prob except I see the paper jammed WAY back there! No way to reach it. Any ideas? Needle nose pliers? Tweezers? Isn't there some way to release the tray to get to the stupid jam????? Please help! The printer door open and close thing is lame....

Honor Student
mkia007
Message 5 of 20 (13,607 Views)

HELP - did you resolve your issue?  I have the same problem, it says paper jam but there is no paper jam and it keeps making a clicking sound.  I tried turning it on and off, removed every part i could but it still says there is a paper jam.  What did you end up doing?????

Honor Student
mcdermid
Message 6 of 20 (13,604 Views)

Paper Jam:

After I tried everything I could think of I found this service number to call.

I called HP service and they made me go through all of the steps once again with the man on the phone. Of course I did this. They needed the serial number and date of purchase and wanted to be sure I had registered my printer (which I had) . They then gave me permission to return my printer to the service centre using a Courier at their cost. It will be repaired if possible and if not replaced because it is under warranty since it is only 6 months old.

1 - 800 -hp-invent is the number I called. So now I am packing up my printer.. and then calling the Courier to pick it up.

I am hoping they give me a new one but not sure what will be the result.

Hope you have better luck than I have. It has been quite a hassle.

Student
LemonLollipop
Message 7 of 20 (13,569 Views)

Just NOW, today, I'm getting this paper jam error.

Went through the steps...even got a piece of paper to feed through the main printer while trying to make a copy. There's no paper jam.

Cannot even press SETUP because the error continues.

This is an Officejet 6210 All in One that has worked flawlessly until now.

I guess I'll have to call the service number.

Thanks for all your comments!

Student
jmaystrik
Message 8 of 20 (13,139 Views)

Any luck on your issue? I have an office jet 7410. same problem. I have tried tweezers and tried feeding paper into the printer and  trying to force the jam through, but no luck. I think my main problem is the printer is jammed with card stock which is pretty thick....

Master's Graduate
skippyjohnson
Message 9 of 20 (12,886 Views)

Here's a video that helps perform the steps a support agent may ask you to walk through for the OJ 8500. 

I am an HP employee.
Student
slipabech
Message 10 of 20 (12,506 Views)

I had the issue of having the paper jam error and no paper at all was in the printer and I found this thread. I have a HP Officejet 6310 all-in-one. While initially looking at the inside through the catridge access door, I wondered how I could even access some of the areas that paper might be jammed. I looked around and discovered several hp have an access door on the rear of the printer. After several combinations of opening the catridge access, rear access, and power cycling (shutting off for 60 or more seconds), and a couple of induced catridge jams, the problem resolved itself . As it appears no one had made it that far I figured since it eventually worked for me I would share it.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation