Photo getting cut off when printing (6340 Views)
Honor Student
StephF
Message 1 of 5 (6,340 Views)

Photo getting cut off when printing

I am trying to print a 6x4 photo with my HP Photosmart B8550.  Everytime I go to print it, it cuts off part of the picture.  I created the picture in Photoshop at 6x4 and saved it as a jpg.  In the preview it shows up fine but it is NOT right when it prints.  Please advise.

Top Student
jamarnkin
Message 2 of 5 (6,327 Views)

Re: Photo getting cut off when printing

StephF wrote:

I am trying to print a 6x4 photo with my HP Photosmart B8550.  Everytime I go to print it, it cuts off part of the picture.  I created the picture in Photoshop at 6x4 and saved it as a jpg.  In the preview it shows up fine but it is NOT right when it prints.  Please advise.

The edges of your image will be cut off by a printer that can’t print all the way to the edges of the paper. In order to prevent this, go to the Image Size menu again and decrease the height by 1 inch (thus also reducing the width). When printed, the image will be centered on the paper. You can also choose “Scale to Fit Media” In Page Setup.

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Provost
PrintDoc
Message 3 of 5 (6,320 Views)

You can also choose 4x6 Borderless photo paper.

I am employed by HP
Honor Student
StephF
Message 4 of 5 (6,319 Views)

Borderless print is what i have selected and that is where it gets cut off.

When I actually select bordered print...it prints the picture correctly but with a border.

Student
narmish
Message 5 of 5 (4,938 Views)

The printer does not print the entire picture.  It cuts it off at various points during printing.  

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation