Question

Student
erperez
Message 1 of 9 (12,287 Views)

Photosmart 3210 printer - how to remove/clean print heads

[ Edited ]

i've had a Photosmart 3210 for about 4 yrs [now out of warranty] and really enjoyed it's features and performance.

tinyurl to the HP PSC 3210 page http://tinyurl.com/erp-hp3210

recently, the magenta cartridge and/or printer head has gone bonkers.

all photos that i print or docs i copy come out with a severe magenta hue to them!!

when i printed a test sheet, there were HUGE globs of magenta ink all over the area where the magenta test patterns would be.

so, i used the utilities to print a self-test report, clean the print head, and align the printer. then i even cleaned the print cartridges [according to instructions in the user's manual].

one source suggested to me that i should REMOVE and clean the print heads in 70% isopropyl alcohol.

however, i have not been able to find any info on the HP website on how to do so.

where can I find some docs or instructions on how to remove and clean the print heads??

i'd really like to get it working again before i dontate it to a non-profit org.

thanks in advance, and HAPPY 2011.

Regents Professor
Ciara_B
Message 2 of 9 (12,226 Views)

Re: Photosmart 3210 printer - how to remove/clean print heads

Hi erperez

You've tried cleaning the printhead using solution center?, right?   step4 here

What did you see when you printed the diagnostic page?

Have you tried changing the ink volume in the Advanced features tab?

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c01219364&tmp_task=solveCategory&lc=en&dlc=en&cc...

Ciara

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Twitter: @Ciara_B_HP
Honor Student
Bo_Schmidt
Message 3 of 9 (12,166 Views)

Hello, I have a similar problem, the issue seems to be with the light magenta and black heads, when I do kalibrations, and adjustments and cleanings, the black colour fields dont appear at all, and the light magenta fields just appear as thin lines, Ive cleaned the printer heads many times now, and Ive cleaned the contact surfaces on the cartridges.

I simply dont understand the problem

Provost
Bob_Headrick
Message 4 of 9 (12,161 Views)

The printheads on the Photosmart 3210 are not removable.  From the description of your issue it would appear you may have an issue with the ink tubing that connects the ink supplies to the printhead.  In that case your printer would require service.

Bob Headrick, Microsoft MVP Windows Expert - Consumer,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of Microsoft or HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button -------------------v

If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You"--V

Honor Student
rdber
Message 5 of 9 (11,541 Views)

I have streaking on my paper and ink leaking  in the printer behind the cartridges and colors are not coming out  in the proper color format. I suspect a leaking printer head .. I need to know how to change the head/availability and cost of this versus buying a new printer. Thanks

Provost
Bob_Headrick
Message 6 of 9 (11,531 Views)

rdber wrote:

I have streaking on my paper and ink leaking  in the printer behind the cartridges and colors are not coming out  in the proper color format. I suspect a leaking printer head .. I need to know how to change the head/availability and cost of this versus buying a new printer. Thanks

As I mentioned above "The printheads on the Photosmart 3210 are not removable [or replaceable].  From the description of your issue it would appear you may have an issue with the ink tubing that connects the ink supplies to the printhead.  In that case your printer would require service."

You can Contact HP to investigate your options, I suspect it is not cost effective to service this unit.

Bob Headrick, Microsoft MVP Windows Expert - Consumer,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of Microsoft or HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button -------------------v

If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You"--V

Honor Student
SkipperDan
Message 7 of 9 (10,125 Views)

I'm in need of help when it comes to my HP Photosmart 3210 All- in- One Printer. I have tried everthing to solve my problem! For some reason my Magenta colors are not working. I have looked on the forums and found no solutions. Has anyone found a solution beside throwing it in the trash and buying another companies printer. If so any input or info would be greatly appreciated! Thanks SkipperDan1

Student
mprados
Message 8 of 9 (2,680 Views)

Same problem with the magenta thing here. I am afraid that it is one of those "programmed obsolescence" insane thing comming from HP to sell us a new printer only to find out that it "will broke" misteriously 4 years later for another "magenta type" problem.

Student
Yellowlabluvr
Message 9 of 9 (2,292 Views)

I have similar problem with 3210, Black ink leaking out & when do head cleaning get puddles on test print page. This is a month after my other 3210 developed the infamous "carriage jam" issue. I tried everything to get any & all paper out of it and it had NONE whatsoever in it anywhere. Re-loaded updated drivers, UN-installed it and re-installed it, even moved it to other computer (where the other 3210 was used) all to no avail. Just re-placed one unit with a 6520 and it is nowhere the unit the 3210 was. No ethernet connection on it, just found out you needed the 6525 to get that.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation