Question

Tutor
Lucie
Message 1 of 8 (4,854 Views)
Accepted Solution

Photosmart 7260 tool box; I lost it! Want to calibrate cartridges

I have replaced the black ink cartridge. Printer works and prints well.

A message keeps popping up telling me to calibrate my cartridges.

In order to get rid of the message, I believe that I should calibrate!

I cannot find the Tool Box to perform this service.

Help! Please!

Lucie

Master's Graduate
Comptronic
Message 2 of 8 (4,837 Views)

Re: Photosmart 7260 tool box; I lost it! Want to calibrate cartridges

Click on the link below and look at the bottom of Page 9.  Let me know if this works.

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/bpy21132.pdf

Tutor
Lucie
Message 3 of 8 (4,825 Views)

Thank you for your suggestion, but I have all the Help and all the "How to" I need. What I do not have is an icon in the System Tray to right-click on. Even when I right-click on the "My Computer" icon and try to open the drive pertaining to my printer, I cannot "Open" anything because the Device drive doesn't stay on my screen; it disappears.

On other occasions, when I clicked on Printers and Faxes in the Control Panel, or God knows where I clicked to finally get something about the Printer, I receive a message on my screen telling me to insert a Card into the D drive.

Where may I find the command "Calibrate the Device"?

I don't want to take out the cartridge, and then reinstall the same cartridge; it is working well. I just wanted to get rid of the message telling me each day or each time I want to use the printer, to "Right-click on the hp icon in my System Tray" etc.

There is an icon in the Tray but it tells me that there is no Card inserted in the D: drive. Moreover, the following words are gray: "Open D PhotoSmart printer 7200 series ". It looks like I don't have a printer!!! I do have that printer, and it works well!

Lucie

Tutor
Lucie
Message 4 of 8 (4,820 Views)

OK! I finally found the hp Toolbox and was able to calibrate the ink cartridges. For those reading this, here is how you find the Toolbox in XP. I could not do it using the prescribed ways found in Help or in Support.

Click on Start, then Control Panel; click on "Printers and Faxes". Then RIGHT-click the icon for hp Phtosmart, and select Properties. On that screen and further down is a button called "Printing Preferences"; select the tab "Services".

Now, make sure you DOUBLE-click on the service icon on that screen.

And, voila! The next window is the one I have been looking for; it is "hp Photosmart 7200 Series Toolbox"! Finally this Toolbox page allowed me to calibrate, clean, print sample, and print Test Page.

The second tab showed me the "Estimated Ink Level".

Lucie

Master's Graduate
Comptronic
Message 5 of 8 (4,809 Views)

I appreciate that you put down the process to resolve your issue.  More people should do the same.  A lot just come to the forum, ask a question, and leave.

I'm glad to hear everything is working again!

Honor Student
JayPH
Message 6 of 8 (4,312 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hi

I don't have the Photosmart 7260 Toolbox.

I cannot install this Windows Update: Microsoft driver update for HP Photosmart 7200 Series it just fails. This is the error message:

Windows Update error 80070103

I guess this is why I can't get the toolbox. Is there any way I can get the original installation program?

Thanks

J

Honor Student
JayPH
Message 7 of 8 (4,301 Views)

Update

I thought I would try and print some photos without calibrating the new ink cartridges.

As soon as I select "borderless photo 6x4" in the paper options I get the following error message: print driver host for 32-bit applications has stopped working. This happens in 32-bit Photoshop CS3 and 64-bit Canon EOS Utilities

I'm using Windows 7 64-bit.

Is HP supporting this printer still? I just bought HP56, HP57 and HP 58 inks and I can't even print a 6x4 photo anymore since upgrading to WIndows 7 64-bit.

Any help would be most welcome

Thanks

John

Student
EduardoAlvim
Message 8 of 8 (2,424 Views)

HP does not provide support for this printer in windows 7.

I have been mailed the support, asking the reasons for HP doesn't provides a full driver for the printer, with the utilities.

If you want to know the status of your cartridges, you need to connect the printer at a PC with windows XP and install the drivers. To calibrate the printer is the same thing.

I think this un disrespect with the customers, but this is part of policies of HP - force consumers to buy new products.

In a world where sustainability and ecology are very important, HP's policies following in the opposite direction.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation