Question

Honor Student
mwrmt
Message 1 of 3 (171 Views)

Photosmart 7450 won't power up?

I noticed the other day that my printer was not on so I unplugged both the usb and power from the back side adn it worked OK, for about an hour or two.

Now it won't turn on at all. I've tried unplugging the power cord form the power bar and directly into the outlet, but nothing.

Is it just a matter of getting a  new power adapter/cord and or usb cable?

I'd hate to have to replace the printer as it's been a very good unit and other than this, there's never been a problem.

Thanks in advance.

Mike.

PhD Student
kkcb9395
Message 2 of 3 (156 Views)

Re: Photosmart 7450 won't power up?

Hi - For starters, disconnect the USB cable and just plug the printer into the outlet and see if you get any power to the printer.  That will at least isolate the printer and verify if the printer/power adapter are giving you a problem.  If it still doesn't power up, unless your an electrician and can test whether or not you're getting any power from the power adapter, the next step would probably be to purchase a new power adapter (part number 0950-4404).  I'm not sure you can purchase it through HP, but if you google the part number you should see a number of options.

Hope that helps.

Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos thumbs up. Please mark the post that solves your problem as an Accepted Solution so other forum users can utilize the solution.

I am an HP employee.
Honor Student
mwrmt
Message 3 of 3 (150 Views)

Re: Photosmart 7450 won't power up?

I had already tried that, but did find the problem. It appears the power cord out of the printer was getting caught in the backside of my file cabinet and wore through the cable, thereby shorting it out.

Did find another acble on eBay for $20(incl ship), so it's on the way.

Thanks for the reply.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation