Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

Exactly the same issue for me. Please let me know how to reset admin password.

Thanks.

HP Recommended

Hi Firefox,

I understand that you're trying to access your printer's EWS.  Try the steps below let me know how it goes.

1.  Go to the front panel of your printer.

2.  Select the wireless icon on your printer.

3.  Select Settings.

4.  Scroll and select restore network defaults.

5.  Select Ok to restore defaults.

6.  Now select wireless and go through the wireless setup wizard.

Try again to access printers EWS. 

HP Recommended

I need this information.  Can't for the life of me understand how something like this happens and three calls to the tech support folks doesn't get me anywhere.  Super frustrated.

HP Recommended

Hi ewmark,

Try the steps below.

1.  Go to the front panel of your printer.

2.  Select the wireless icon on your printer.

3.  Select Settings.

4.  Scroll and select restore network defaults.

5.  Select Ok to restore defaults.

6.  Now select wireless and go through the wireless setup wizard.

Try again to access printers EWS. 

Let me know how it goes.

HP Recommended

I meant to note that I have a Mac!

HP Recommended

ewmark,

Where you able to try steps above?

HP Recommended

Ok, thank you!  You got me through step 1.  Now I've tried the WSW and keep getting the following message:

The settings have been saved successfully. However, communication between the browser and the printer has been lost.

To reconnect, make sure:

- The computer and the printer are on the same network.
- The printer's IP address is correct. Open a new browser window, and then enter the printer's IP address.

Tip: To obtain the printer's IP address, print the network configuration page. Also, you might be able to view the IP address from the printer's display. For more information, see the documentation provided with the printer.

I've checked the IP address and the computer and printer are most definitely on the same network.  I've restarted the computer, no luck. Any ideas?  Again -- I'm on a Mac.

HP Recommended

ewmark,

I have a couple of questions for you to make sure I'm clear.

Where you able to complete all 6 steps listed above? 

If so where you able to go through the wireless setup wizard on your printer?

Also if you were able to complete steps above and go through wireless setup wizard it’s possible that the printer's IP address has changed.  Confirm the printer's IP address by going to the front panel of the printer and selecting the wireless icon on the printer.

HP Recommended

I did all the steps you outlined and it worked.  The printer is connected to the network as is my computer.  In fact I just successfully printed something from my computer wirelessly.

I'm trying to use the scanner, however, and when I try to "scan to computer" it can't find my computer.  So I'm using the WSW to enable scanning and it keeps giving me this error message:

The settings have been saved successfully. However, communication between the browser and the printer has been lost.

To reconnect, make sure:

- The computer and the printer are on the same network.
- The printer's IP address is correct. Open a new browser window, and then enter the printer's IP address.

Tip: To obtain the printer's IP address, print the network configuration page. Also, you might be able to view the IP address from the printer's display. For more information, see the documentation provided with the printer.

HP Recommended

What version of OS X do you have?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.