Photosmart 8750 - how to avoid white edges on print? And how to match colors from monitor to print? (327 Views)
Honor Student
Lisa91
Message 1 of 4 (327 Views)

Photosmart 8750 - how to avoid white edges on print? And how to match colors from monitor to print?

Hi all! I´m new here so I hope I ask this in the right forum. Please advice me if this should be in another sub-forum..

First: The white edges around my photos when printed:

I can´t figure out how to avoid the white edges when I print my photos.

If I print in A3 size (or any other size) there´s always the white edges around my photos on the print, and it´s really annoying.

I make the size in Photoshop (CS4 extended) so that the photo matches the size of the printing paper, but still it gets adjusted when printing so I get the white edges.

I either print directly from PS or from Windows Photoviewer. (I have Windows 7).

In PS in the printing dialog box it says Scale to fit media, when I tick this and also have the Show Paper White ticked, it appears that the photo goes exactly as the size is set, but then I can see a thin white edge on top of it, illustrating that the photo will be printed with a white edge on top. If I untick the Scale to fit media, the photo appears to be cut a great deal before printed, so this will destroy my image.

I usually print from Windows Photoviewer as the colours in PS turns out more different than when saved and printed from Windows. (My next question).  In Windows Photoviewer I only have the option Fit to frame, but in the preview it doesn´t look like any of those two options will give a borderless print.

In the printers dialoge box for the Paper/Quality I only use the option for A3 HP glossy photopaper, but I see there are other options such as Photo without edges A3, but then the size says 423x303mm which is slightly bigger than the size of the photo.

Also there´s a box to tick under it, Print without edges and under it Automatic fit without edges.

Is it something here I should tick or untick?

What options should I use to get it to print and fill the whole paper?

Second: How to get the same colours on my print as it shows on my monitor?

I have tried figuring out this, but I gave up. Though I know there´s something about the Profile´s, just not how to set them..

As already said, the colours looks quite different when printed directly from PS than saved as .jpg and printed from Windows Photoviewer. In colours the print is closer to the actual colours when printed from Windows than from PS, but BW photos is quite far from as seen on the monitor when printed, from both of them.

Instead of this nice warm "brownish" hue seen on my monitor, it´s printed with a greenish hue. Really annoying as I spend a lot of time working on my photos to get them as I like.

In the printer´s dialog box (in Windows) I have disabled the ICM colour management.

In PS dialog box I´m sure there´s something to do different under the Color Management, but I don´t know what.

Also there´s probably something different in my monitor´s profile that differs from the printer and PS?

Anyone who can help with either one or both of my problems??

That would be highly appreciated so thanks so much in advance!

PhD Student
Brandon1
Message 2 of 4 (310 Views)

Re: Photosmart 8750 - how to avoid white edges on print? And how to match colors from monitor to pri

HI Lisa91,

Here is a link to a post about the same problem you are having and the same printer. You may find the posts helpful as some were able to find a solution. Post number 6 and number 12 specifically have found solutions that worked for them. Hope this helps some.

If I helped you at all it would be great if you clicked the blue kudos star!

If I solved your post please mark it as solved to help others.

I'm a printer tech with HP.

Honor Student
Lisa91
Message 3 of 4 (305 Views)

Re: Photosmart 8750 - how to avoid white edges on print? And how to match colors from monitor to pri

Hi - thanks for your reply, but I think you gave me the wrong link?

PhD Student
Brandon1
Message 4 of 4 (302 Views)

Hey i'm sorry i sure did.  Here is the correct link below.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Printer-All-in-One-Software/Photosmart-8750-amp-Windows-7-Pro-32-border...

If I helped you at all it would be great if you clicked the blue kudos star!

If I solved your post please mark it as solved to help others.

I'm a printer tech with HP.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation