Photosmart C309 not printing correctly (1260 Views)
Honor Student
Respinosa
Message 1 of 4 (1,260 Views)

Photosmart C309 not printing correctly

I just bought a Photosmart C309 and can't get it to print straight. I changed the paper several times but it does not help.

Does anyone have an answer 

Teacher
word_Of_Tech
Message 2 of 4 (1,265 Views)

Re: Photosmart C309 not printing correctly

What do you mean its not printing straight?

maybe its not correctly align?

try to re align it... and see if it works

19chinovz76
Student
gcbristow
Message 3 of 4 (929 Views)

I am a new owner of the HP Photosmart C309g-m.  I have had the printer less than 2 weeks and found the the same problem.

When printing from the Photo Tray the pictures are printed off center. The proper term the Technicians use is "registering".

With the paper in the tray and the left registering bar in place i printed a series of ten prints. About 5-6 prints are fine but the last couple are printed crocked to one side.

The register bar has moved away from the paper allowing the paper to twist before it is printed. I have found that a very small piece of paper wedged under the bar prevents the bar from moving while printing. If you have to change paper sizes then the paper wedge has to be removed ,so make sure you have a big enough piece to grab to pull it back out.

I have not had a problem printing from the main tray. The bar seems to be stiffer to move, therefore less likely to cause the paper to shift.

Hope this helps.

Gcbristow

Student
Jay91506
Message 4 of 4 (393 Views)

I am having the same printing problem, but I am unable to find any paper or anything else that is causing the problem. I am a little disappointed that I purchased this HP printer and believing in the product and I am having problems so soon. I purchased this printer in march of last year. I don't print that much, so its had maybe less than a months use as of now. Its basically had only 2 sets of ink through it, and now its broken. I paid a good amount for this printer, and now I am feel I am going to have to buy another one because I really don't want to send this one in and have it repaired.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation