04-08-2011 12:18 PM
I have a C4680 (C4000Series) All in one printer. All by itself whether I'm on my computer or not. If my printer is turned on, it will start beeping, the mechanical internal parts move (like it's going to print), the screen flashes on and off, and then it will go back to standby mode. If my computer is turned on and I'm using it, you can hear the audible USB disconnect and re-connect sound (as if I unplugged the USB cable and plugged it back in). It used to not do this! I have had the printer for 6-8 months and it started doing this about 3-weeks ago. It is very irritating. It doesn't appear to cause any problems unless I try to print something at the same time it becomes, (possessed), and then it comes back online and prints just fine. Any suggestions? Except for being on HOLD with HP or Geeksquad, I can't seem to get an answer. All updates are current according to the HP update software on my computer.
04-09-2011 08:43 AM - edited 04-11-2011 01:46 PM
I had a similar problem with my Photosmart D5163 and after investigating and following up see "http.fixya.com/support/t5821942-hp_photosmart_c61
10-16-2011 03:38 PM
Went here and it suggests that bad capacitors may have been used. Well isn't that just great. I am in no way going to dis-assemble my printer and try a self repair.. see.. http://www.fixya.com/support/t5821942-hp_photosmar
- HP Connected - Finding Your Printer's Email Address in HP Connected
- HP Printers - How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number?
- HP Connected - Getting the Printer Claim Code
- HP Printers - Which Cartridges Work with My HP Printer?
- HP Officejet and Photosmart All-in-One Printers - The Automatic Document Feeder (ADF) Does Not Pick Up Paper