Question

Student
kitticatie63
Message 1 of 2 (1,869 Views)

Photosmart C4700 printing problem - printer out of paper even though it's loaded

Hi All,

I hope someone can help me with this. I've installed then re-installed the HP software and followed the steps to a T!! However, when I try to print from my laptop the printer tells me that it's out of paper even though it's loaded. I've followed the HP suggestion to clean the rollers but it's not working either. Any suggestions?

Many thanks in advance.

:smileyhappy:

Associate Professor
kkcb9395
Message 2 of 2 (1,817 Views)

Re: Photosmart C4700 printing problem - printer out of paper even though it's loaded

Hi - It sounds like you've tried the most common solution - cleaning the rollers.  Have you tried all of the steps in this document?

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c02065582&tmp_task=solveCategory&lc=en&dlc=en&cc...

If not, I'd run through every step in this doc, including cleaning the rollers one more time.  I'd also completely disconnect the printer from the computer to completely isolate the printer and just test it via the self test mentioned in the doc above.  Unfortunately, if this doesn't take care of it, the product will likely need to be serviced.

Hope that helps.

Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos thumbs up. Please mark the post that solves your problem as an Accepted Solution so other forum users can utilize the solution.

I am an HP employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation