Question

Student
sdrewske
Message 1 of 3 (944 Views)

Photosmart C4780 wont start up

Hey I'm new on here and I have a problem with my HP Photosmart C4780 it turns on fine but then it just sits there with the loading screen and won't do anything. I installed it on my mac successfully and it connects it just doesn't load up. To clarify the loading screen is on the TouchSmart screen and it has HP and a blue bar sitting there showing that it is loading. Is there any way I can fix this?

Honor Student
BDauria
Message 2 of 3 (926 Views)

Re: Photosmart C4780 wont start up

I've got a similar problem. Purchased a second Photosmart  C4780 because we liked the first one so well. Managed the setup on my MacBook Pro (System 10.6.4), and all seemed fine. Now, after a few weeks, it has slowed considerably. Takes about 5 to 10 minutes to print from computer. And will NOT make a copy at all!

I place the original, touch the screen for all the directions, and most often when I press "OK" it just does nothing. No red "X" to say it's processing anything, just sits there. Just now it did give me the red "X" but still does absolutely nothing. Not a sound. Not a twitch - nada.

Surely someone out there can help us?!?!?!

Student
leoandjudy
Message 3 of 3 (758 Views)

Re: Photosmart C4780 wont start up

I'm having problems with my C4780 also. For the second time, it suddenly goes offline and won't print anything. I just reinstalled it a week ago, and it worked fine. This morning, when I restarted my computer, the printer is totally offline. Do I have to uninstall and reinstall every time this happens?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation