Question

Honor Student
judith2011
Message 1 of 4 (1,503 Views)

Photosmart C4795 won't print

For a year my printer worked fine.  About a month ago it stopped printing.  I have re-installed the software, re-booted the printer, re-booted the computer, changed the ink cartridges and it still doesn't work.  Any Ideas on how to make this thing work.

Top Student
IUHoosier
Message 2 of 4 (1,478 Views)

Re: Photosmart C4795 won't print

Before we start with troubleshooting, let's start with some basic questions:  What operating system are you using?  How's it attached to the computer?, i.e. USB, Parallel, wireless  Can you remember anything that's changed from the time it was working until now?

Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.

Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Honor Student
judith2011
Message 3 of 4 (1,475 Views)

Operatin System is Windows 7

Connected by USB

Printer made a strange "squishy" sound and paper fed in but then nothing happens.  There have been no new software or hardware installs.

When asked to print a network test page it feeds paper as though printing but the page comes out blank.  All other print jobs just sit idle and nothing happens after the initial paper feed.

Top Student
IUHoosier
Message 4 of 4 (1,359 Views)

From your description, it definitely sounds like you're getting paper jams or some other mechanical-related issue.  You could use the following Hardware Diagnostic Utility to help triage the problem you're having:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=mp-94415-1&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&...

This would confirm or rule out paper jam issues.  Let me know the results.

Thanks!

Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.

Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation