Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

the solution is effective, I changed the capacitors for a value (680uF, 10v) and (330uf-16v), acquired at the electronics store, capacitors are not original brand Tameco. They were manufactured by other companies.

infinite error cycle on and off at startup printer has finally been solved. Thanks for reporting this error.

which makes me think that hp uses parts that have a very short shelf life with the intention that in the not too distant future users will have to re-buy a new product hp.

I think these actions ultimately hurts the environment. This makes us more and more people consuming.

HP Recommended

that is it. bad capatitor problem!

HP Recommended

Per your information as well as others who followed your instructions, I replaced two capacitors on my control board. That helped a lot.  My LCD is a color display again. However any attempts to print with brand new ink cartridges give me an ink system failure. 

What is next?  Any suggestions?

Thanks

HP Recommended

I replaced both bulging caps and re-assembled. I have great improvement at my LCD display was gray and constantly loading. Now I have a color LCD but after cycling and start up a test page is blank and then I get an Ink System Failure. 

I did remove the battery because my ink is barely expired and should be fine.  Could that be the problem?

HP Recommended

Thanks, this did work. I  just needed to hold the two buttons longer than expected. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.