Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

HI.

I have 3 of the HP Photosmart C6280 All-in-One Printers and they have now all got the same problem. When I print or scan anything no black ink is printed.

I have tried 3 different ink caritriages including the official hp ones  with no luck.

When the printer does a test print, it prints all the other colours except black.

All ink cartirages are full except the pink one. Does this need to be full? It has not been on the other 2 and the black ink has still printed.

Any ideas?

Thanks

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Ironically, just yesterday the black ink on my HP Photosmart C6280 started printing out only part of the lines of text.  It was as if someone took an eraser and ran it horizontally across through each sentence.  So, I bought a new HP 02 Black cartridge 2 pack yesterday and installed one today and it printed fine for about a dozen pages and now all of a sudden it is back to printing like it did yesterday.  Even the test page has no black ink.

HP Recommended

Well, I just went to the HP website and followed the directions for how to clean the printheads from the printer: Press SETUP > Down arrow key to CLEAN PRINTHEAD.  And the printhead page printed out and then I was able to print again no problems so far... only 5 pages into it.

HP Recommended

I've just spent the better part of my day trying to figure this out with my photosmart C4580.

long story short:  I noted the instructions for storage of cartridges when not in use (print at least once/month; if you take a cartridge out, store it in a ziplock: color with nozzles down, black with nozzles up.)

So I just took out my black cartridge and sat it upside down/nozzles up for a while, maybe an hour, until I noticed black streaks.

I put it back into the printer, printed black text & it FINALLY printed black, albeit streaked.

cleaned the print cartridges and now it's PERFECT!!!

give it a shot!

HP Recommended

Well, now I have the "black ink not printing" issue! With so many customers experiencing the same issue you would think HP engineers/management would get a clue!  I suggest that the FTC be notified that this device is a lemon and all customers be given a full refund.  Called tech support and after 14 months of use I was told there is a fee for support.  I have no faith in this company to stand up and acknowledge the defect.   And yes, I have run through the documents to try and resolve the issue. Can you say Canon, Samsung, Brother, etc.

HP Recommended

You left out one step: SETUP > down arrow to TOOLS> CLEAN PRINTHEAD

HP Recommended

HP Photosmart C6280 printer will not print in black???

PLEASE  SEND SOLUTION...

HP Recommended
bk797us,

This article should cover the issue you are experiencing. Give the steps a shot and let me know the results:
http://goo.gl/90W6L

Best of Luck!
You can say thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in my post. If my post resolves your problem, please mark it as Accepted Solution so others can benefit too.
HP Recommended

My black cartridge is half full, but will not print .Any suggestions.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.