Question

Student
Supermom3
Message 1 of 4 (2,160 Views)

Photosmart C7250 won't print with new ink

Received error message that black and magenta cartridges were empty. Replaced them with new HP ink. Printer help says all ink is full and ready to print. However, when selecting item to print off the web, or from Office, a message saying to replace black & magenta cartridges appears... it will not print. Will print item placed in copier, in color fine.. Have replaced the yellow one 2 months ago, and did not have problem.
Student
WILKS
Message 2 of 4 (2,029 Views)

Re: Photosmart C7250 won't print with new ink

same exact issue today no help but looking for a fix.

Regents Professor
DexterM
Message 3 of 4 (2,028 Views)

Since copying is working, and you get the message only when you print from the PC, try my post, marked as the Solution, in this thread.
----------------------------
Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with \'Accept as Solution\' if it solves your problem.
Click on the BLUE KUDOS button on the left to say "Thanks"
I am an ex-HP Employee.
Intern
1trebla
Message 4 of 4 (983 Views)

I just replaced the black. light magenta, magenta and light blue cartridges, aligned and cleaned cartridges, reset the printer to factory settings, plugged the power cord into the wall socket, uninstalled and reinstalled the software. From left to right one report sheet shows blue blank yellow blue green yellow. The other shows black,

blue, blank, yellow, light blue , magenta.  There is no red in the photos printed and streaks through the magenta.

The printer reports full ink supply. How can I get the printer to restore all of the colors and remove the streaks? There is no red in the prints of photos.  Thanks. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation