Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Does anybody know how to take out the printhead of the C7280 printer? The pictures given online re removal of printhead for the C7200 series is completely different from that actually in the C7280. Would think at least HP would have cared to have one of their service techs to reply to the postings re error code 0xc18a0101.

Thanks in advance....

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello Members,

I have came across to your issues and we have a fix for it and you may try it, but that would only apply on the error codes begining with 0xC18A” an not with "0xc19a".

Try these steps for Photosmart C7280:

A. - Press and hold the “*” key.

B. - Press the “#” key and release both keys.

Display should say “Enter Special Key Combo”

C. - Press and release in sequence the “1”, “2” and “3” buttons.

Display should say “Support” and display the FW rev (something like R0631R)

Press and release the right arrow button until the display says “System Configuration Menu”.

Press and release the “OK” button.

Display should say “Hardware failure status”. If not there already, Arrow Key over to “Hardware failure status”,

Display should say “Hardware failure status: Clear. Press OK to clear”. 

Press and release the “OK” Button. Message changes to “Hardware failure status Cleared. Press Cancel to continue”.

Press and release the “CANCEL” button as many times as necessary, so that, either the “Welcome to Photosmart   Express” screen appears, or, the “Ink System Failure” screen appears. PLEASE DO NOT TRY TO PRINT AT THIS STAGE.

Using the Power Button, turn the unit OFF and unplug the power cable from back of the printer and wall outlet.

Wait 30 seconds for the power to get discharged and then plug the power cable into the wall outlet first and then into the back of the printer

Turn the unit on. The printer may display message “USE POWER BUTTON TO SHUTDOWN THE PRINTER” followed by “PRESS OK TO CONTINUE”. Press OK.

If the printer has already initialized, then go to the next step. If not, the printer will start the “ONE TIME INK INITIALIZATION PROCESS”. Allow this process to complete and do not interrupt. Once the initialization process is complete, the printer will print out a Diagnostic Page.

To verify printer functionality print a SELF TEST PAGE. If SELF TEST prints, then printer is ready for use or Software Installation.

If the error is still there, or reoccurs replace the unit.

-----------------------------------------------------

For 0XC19a error messages the printer can't be recovered.

All the best and if it fixes the issue please click on Kudos...

---------------------------------

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself.

View solution in original post

21 REPLIES 21
HP Recommended

Sure you've prob found this by now, but . . ..

Fix the printing issue. HP only guarantees that the printer will function when genuine HP products are used. Check that the print cartridges in the C7280 are HP brand, and were installed by the "use by" date on the package. If the print quality is poor, check the supply levels on the printer. Press the setup button on the C7280 and, using the up/down arrows, go to "Tools." Press "OK," then go to "Display Ink Gauge" and press "OK." This will display levels of remaining ink for the cartridges. If quality issues or streaking remain, clean the print head. To do this, go back to the printer and press "Setup." Use the arrows to select "Tools" and press "OK." Then move the arrows to "Clean Printhead" and press "OK." This will begin a diagnostic process that will clean the print head, and typically solves the problem.

Read more: How to Troubleshoot the HP C7280 Wireless Printer | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/how_4812438_troubleshoot-hp-c-wireless-printer.html#ixzz19QZRvBjL

HP Recommended

Anglerking, have you got answer how to access print head to clean manually? I am encountering error: 0xc18a0406 Ink System Failure with turn power off and then on message. 

HP Recommended

Dear...,  My error 0xc18a0406 remains and not printing.  Have tried all you have suggested.  I am heartbroken seeing ink gauge full  in all catridges ($70 plus), all other functions working.  It looks like a simple error message, Ink System Failure, "turn the power off and then back on" but needing servicing or cleaning manually the print heads.  Can you post HP, how to take out and clean the printheads of this model, please.  Or solution to Error: 0xc18a0406.

HP Recommended

Help! I am receiving an error (0xc19a0035) on my HP Photosmart C7280 All-In-One. I have cleaned the print cartridges and shut it down and restarted as directed. Nothing helps. Read somewhere that printhead may need replaced. Does anyone know how to do that? Ink cartridges are full, so I hate to pitch it any buy a new one. It's only 1-1/2 years old.

HP Recommended

I've got the same problem.  New cartridges but have ink system failure with 0x... errrors.  Need to find a solution on how to remove/replace the print heads on this thing.  Please provide a post on how to do it.

Thanks !

HP Recommended

Hello Members,

I have came across to your issues and we have a fix for it and you may try it, but that would only apply on the error codes begining with 0xC18A” an not with "0xc19a".

Try these steps for Photosmart C7280:

A. - Press and hold the “*” key.

B. - Press the “#” key and release both keys.

Display should say “Enter Special Key Combo”

C. - Press and release in sequence the “1”, “2” and “3” buttons.

Display should say “Support” and display the FW rev (something like R0631R)

Press and release the right arrow button until the display says “System Configuration Menu”.

Display should say “Hardware failure status”. If not there already, Arrow Key over to “Hardware failure status”,

Display should say “Hardware failure status: Clear. Press OK to clear”. 

Press and release the “OK” Button. Message changes to “Hardware failure status Cleared. Press Cancel to continue”.

Press and release the “CANCEL” button as many times as necessary, so that, either the “Welcome to Photosmart   Express” screen appears, or, the “Ink System Failure” screen appears. PLEASE DO NOT TRY TO PRINT AT THIS STAGE.

Using the Power Button, turn the unit OFF and unplug the power cable from back of the printer and wall outlet.

Wait 30 seconds for the power to get discharged and then plug the power cable into the wall outlet first and then into the back of the printer

Turn the unit on. The printer may display message “USE POWER BUTTON TO SHUTDOWN THE PRINTER” followed by “PRESS OK TO CONTINUE”. Press OK.

If the printer has already initialized, then go to the next step. If not, the printer will start the “ONE TIME INK INITIALIZATION PROCESS”. Allow this process to complete and do not interrupt. Once the initialization process is complete, the printer will print out a Diagnostic Page.

To verify printer functionality print a SELF TEST PAGE. If SELF TEST prints, then printer is ready for use or Software Installation.

If the error is still there, or reoccurs replace the unit.

-----------------------------------------------------

For 0XC19a error messages the printer can't be recovered.

All the best and if it fixes the issue please click on Kudos...

---------------------------------

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself.

HP Recommended

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

You are a wonderful employee! I hope your company catches up to your level of service!

HP Recommended

Thank you this fix my Error: 0xc18a0101

I had called HP but my warranty had expired so I was going to have to pay for someone at HP to help me. I tried your suggestion first and it was faster and cheaper! Thank you so much for your help!

HP Recommended

Thank you.  So far, so good using the above protocol.  I've had problems for a few weeks, turning the printer on and off to reset.  Right now I'm having trouble pulling out the blue photo sheet holder.  Never had that problem before.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.