Photosmart C8180 Power On/Off Itself (615 Views)
Honor Student
patlanta
Message 1 of 2 (615 Views)

Photosmart C8180 Power On/Off Itself

The printer started turning itself on when everything was off, and putting on quite a light show. I unplugged it at both ends several times, waited several minutes and then it went through many gyrations of on/off, an error message BA07AF30 or similar sometimes appeared.  I finally got it to going after removing/resinstalling all the print cartridges; then, in the middle of a printing a page the power turned off/on.  What should I try to get it working normally again?

Top Student
dstring1958
Message 2 of 2 (294 Views)

Re: Photosmart C8180 Power On/Off Itself

Throw it in the river and purchase a different brand.  I have the same problem with 3 of them.  I spent an hour on the phone and paid for nothing.  The tech people just down a check list and did the same thing I did before calling tech support.  I purchased 4 of them about 15 months ago and within the last three weeks 3 of them will not shut off, they just turn on and off and on and off and never stop..............great product until warranty ran out.........Canon here I come...

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation