Question

Honor Student
halikatak
Message 1 of 6 (4,196 Views)

Photosmart C8180 doesn't will not print to photo tray.

I'm trying to print to the Photo Tray, but it is telling me that I'm out of paper and to add it to the Main Tray.  This is after I've already selected all the appropriate settings before printing.  This has happened once before and I fixed it by installing some drivers.  However, I had to re-install the software for whatever reason and I've installed the drivers and still --nothing.

The crazy thing is that when I re-installed the software as mentioned, it ran a test print using one of my own photos and it printed fine-- from the Photo Tray!

Any tips? 

Student
minccfl
Message 2 of 6 (3,878 Views)

Re: Photosmart C8180 doesn't will not print to photo tray.

My C8180 has a similar problem.  It will not print from the photo tray except for the first test photo.  After that it always prints from the document paper tray even after I selected the photo paper tray, or auto select.  Nothing works to correct this.  Did you ever get yours corrected?
Student
Theterminator
Message 3 of 6 (3,498 Views)

I am also having the identical problem. Spend 4 hour in a chat session with HP tech with no success. I am running Vista 64bit.  When I print using an XP SP2 machine I have no problems.
Teacher
Navbond007
Message 4 of 6 (3,458 Views)

Hi,

I recommend trying the steps mentioned in the following document:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c01839973&cc=us&lc=en&dlc=en&product=3204788

If you still have issues then follow steps in the following doc:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c01145835&cc=us&lc=en&dlc=en&product=3204788

Thanks

Naveen

Although employed by HP, I'm trying to address the issues with my own willingness and my employer does not bear any liability for my responses.

Student
77organ
Message 5 of 6 (756 Views)

I have my 4 x 6 in the phototray and it will not print.  Says to add paper or if I push 4 x 6 under photo I need a cd or usb.  I need to copy a photo to the photopaper.

HP Support Agent
Rainbow7000
Message 6 of 6 (733 Views)

Hi 77organ, I see you are having an issue with your Photosmart C8180. I would like to know some more information in order to clarify the exact problem.

Are you printing a photo from your computer onto 4x6 photo paper?

What is the exact error message you are receiving?

Which operating system are you running? Check which Windows OS you have or Check which Mac OS version you have

Are you are getting an error message saying "Out of Paper"? If so please follow This document

Here is where to view helpful documents on how to solve a problem - Solving a Problem with HP Photosmart C8180

If the documents above do not resolve the issue, please respond with the information required and I would be very happy help out.

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" at the bottom of this post to say “Thanks” for helping!
Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

R a i n b o w 7000
I work on behalf of HP

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation