Question

Student
DouglasHale
Message 1 of 5 (350 Views)

Photosmart D5460

I have a Photosmart D5460 on a windows 7 32 bit system. It would print a no 6 3/4 envelope. Printer will print test page . The envelopes now passes through and come out blank. Reinstalled software, same results.

Regents Professor
AlwaysNeon
Message 2 of 5 (277 Views)

Re: Photosmart D5460

Sounds like you are having issues with printing envelopes right now, is that correct? Well, I am not sure what you mean by "no. 6 3/4 envelope," but what I do know is that for most of our printers only a limited number of envelope sizes are supported (largely due to mechanical limitations and risks). However, often by using an alternate driver you can bypass these restrictions. Here is a great document on how to do that written by one of my colleagues, Shane :

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Printer-All-in-One-Software-Drivers-e-g-Windows-8/How-to-Assign-Alterna...

This might give you a better freedom of selection in what you want to do. Also, if you cannot get the two recommended drivers to work, I would use the Deskjet 9800. 

Let me know how this goes and have a great day!

Honor Student
19Booger68
Message 3 of 5 (253 Views)

Thanks for replying. I should fill in some of the blanks.I have HP Solution Center on my PC, it shows Cyan,Magenta and Yellow as being depleted. It shows HP 564XL Photo Black as low on ink. It shows HP 564XL Black as ready, although I know it is low on ink too. When i run the test program the printer prints test sguares of each ink. At the time of the first post it showed the black only there was no squares for photo black, magenta,cyan,yellow, on the first page the squares are small 1/8 inch.On the second page the squares are 1and3/8 by 1 inch.The first test was run on 3-8. Before I ran the test it gave the inpression that it was running out of ink as the address would start to print then fade out, but would print the address on a standard sheet of paper. Just ran test again on 4-29 and got same results, but large square shows streaks as the black may be running out now. I will replace the black with the same size.The question is.

1-Does this printer use the photo black to print text too?.

Regents Professor
lions99
Message 4 of 5 (221 Views)

[ Edited ]

" Does this printer use the photo black to print text too?."

Photo black is only used for photos, because it's using grey tones along with cyan and magenta which would affect a black text printout. 

Honor Student
19Booger68
Message 5 of 5 (188 Views)

Top Flight makes the envelopes and a No. 6 and 3/4 measure 3 and 5/8 by 6 and 1/2 inches or 9.2 x 16.5 cm. I have been printing these on all of my printers even though they are not in the HP program list. The envelopes are listed in Word 97 and all other word program by Microsolft. Had a HP 695C that printed this type of envelopes and other Hp printers. The HP Photosmart D5460 that I'm having problem with will print 2-6 and 3/4 when inserted like this ---- then will give error message as paper mismatch. When envelopes inserted liks this I the printer passes the envelopes through with the sounds of printing but comes out blank with no error messages!?. Are there any test programs to see if the printer is recieving all of the instrutions from the word program or the printer not storing the information right. At the present the printer is running with a 5300 program. Thanks to all who reply.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation