Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

HP Photosmart Plus B209a. Same problem!!!! The printhead is not working. Cleaned it and still does not work! How much does it costs to replace the Printhead? I bought my printer over a year ago! and just bought new ink for NOTHING!

HP Recommended
I'm sorry it didn't work for you. 😞 I was hoping this would help everyone. Worked for me n hopefully few more.
Did ur color still work? When u rinsed it the second time with boiling water, was the water still dark or did it get a little clear?
HP Recommended

yes it ran pretty clear but still dead as a doornail - chucked it in despair and bought a cheaper version in the sales.  So far so good......

HP Recommended

@Howardm wrote:

Did you get the answer to the problem of message 'not intended or damaged printhead'?  Getting same myself when I put new black ink in andthen another.  I have also cleaned the printhead holder but to no avail.

Hi Howardm

So after cleaning the printhead did you try re-setting the printer? See step 4 in link below

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01944580

Thanks, Ciara

I am speaking for myself and not for HP. Twitter: @Ciara_B_27
HP Recommended

@Mrs_V1 wrote:

HP Photosmart Plus B209a. Same problem!!!! The printhead is not working. Cleaned it and still does not work! How much does it costs to replace the Printhead? I bought my printer over a year ago! and just bought new ink for NOTHING!

Hi Mrs_V1

I think you can purchase a new printhead at the HP Part Store. Are you based in the US? The part no. and link to the HP Part store is in the link below

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01763306

Hope this helps

Ciara

I am speaking for myself and not for HP. Twitter: @Ciara_B_27
HP Recommended

This printer is complete rubbish.

My advice to anyone who has had the misfortune of buying one is give up and buy something else.

I have cleaned the printheads so many times and it will print fine, but then the very next day it is clogged again and at least one of the colours fails to print. Every time I want to print anything I have to take the cartridges out, clean all the ink out of the printheads, dry it all, refit it all, waste a load of ink on cleaning cycles, then print what I wanted. I have spent a fortune on HP ink cartridges and wasted so much paper, it's ridiculous.

The customer support team sent another printhead but it is just as bad as the first. It is clearly a design fault, which, for a company that has been making printers as long as HP have, is ridiculous. The printhead should have been redesigned and distributed to all those who have this printer. Mine is now 2 months out of warranty, but all they will do during warranty is send another printhead if you are lucky.

If yours is still in warranty, take it back to where you purchased it and demand a refund as it is not fit for purpose.

HP Recommended

Thanks bud, I have got rid of it and it is now in the local rubbish tip.  I have bought another printer and have decided to buy cheap printers and ditch them when they give this kind of problem out of warranty and good riddance!

HP Recommended

This is the biggest piece of crap I have ever bought!!! Will never buy again... i have been talking to customer service for an hour and from what I can understand of him,, he is willing to make me a great deal for only $99... to fix my HP photosmart printer that I have only used 4 times.. Because I have left it sitting for so long Mr Sharad informs me that I ruined mine and all I can do is buy a new one cause mine just went out of warranty.. Isnt that shocking!!!! I paid alot of money for this and I will never buy another HP again!!! And I will be letting as many people as I can know about this

HP Recommended

I started this discussion and tried all ideas, most drastically soaking the printhead then rinsing it but all to no avail.  The replacements are prohibitive when I took a look in HP spares so gave up and binned the whole printer and got a new cheaper model on offer - not much more expensive than the printhead as I recall.  The HP motto seems to be 'use for a year then throw away!'

Printing; it's just an expensive thing to do.  Sorry, but they have us by the nuts.

HP Recommended

I just spent 70-plus dollars on new XL carts for my B209 only to have the yellow color not print - at all!! After cleaning the heads a few times and printing the quality print report the yellow STILL does not print. I'm assuming this indicates a bad printhead?

I have owned HP printers/AIO going back to the early 1990s and I must say the B209 is the worst AIO/printer I have purchased. That said, I need to get this thing repaired. Can I purchase a new head and if so will I be able to install it myself or do I need to send the unit in (not under warrenty)  Thanks.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.