Question

Honor Student
chark86
Message 1 of 5 (1,809 Views)

Photosmart Premium C309 touch screen not working

I have a photosmart Premium all-in-one C309 which has the touchsmart web display.  Today when I powered it up, the display shows the HP logo and for awhile says it's starting up.  I can hear some of the mechanical things it does when it's starting up, but it seems like less than normal.  The text eventually goes away, but the logo stays and the power button light keeps flashing.  I was able to print, I just don't know why the touch screen doesn't work and the power button light keeps flashing and if this will eventually cause it to die altogether.  I've tried several of the recommended trouble shooting steps, including unplugging the cord at the printer and at the wall and waiting 5 minutes to plug them back in.

PhD Student
CaptainTJ
Message 2 of 5 (1,792 Views)

Re: Photosmart Premium C309 touch screen not working

Hi,

It looks like you did some of the recommended troubleshooting.  Did you unplug while the power was turned on?  For this to clear out, the power needs to be on at the printer.  Then you unplug from the wall, and from the printer.  Wait the time frame you indicated.  I had this occur on my C309 and it cleared out back to normal.  Let me know if this doesn't work and I'll see what else I can find.

Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you. Please mark the post that solves your problem as Accepted Solution.

I am employed by HP
Honor Student
chark86
Message 3 of 5 (1,785 Views)

I tried this twice, once unplugging first from the printer then the wall, 2nd from the wall first then the printer.  Both times I left it disconnected for at least 5 minutes.  Still no functions on the display the the power button light is flashing.

Tutor
phoenix98
Message 4 of 5 (1,259 Views)

Hi,

Have you found a soluion?  I just posted the same problem for the same printer

Student
Rocketmomma
Message 5 of 5 (386 Views)

I have the exact same issue.  I have tried the power off and unplug options and had no luck.  I can still print and access other features through the HP solutions prgm on my desktop.  It is just a bit of a hassle.  Has anyone come up with a better way to reset the unit?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation