Question

Honor Student
deringr
Message 1 of 6 (2,943 Views)

Photosmart Premium c309g-m error message

My Mac operated HP Photosmart Premium c309g-m suddenly showed the following error message on the LED screen. "Ink Supply Failure" Oxc19aoo22. My computer showed a pop-up window stating, "Print head appears to be missing or incorrectly installed". The magenta cartridge reads as low. I have turned the printer on and off as suggested. I have disconnected and re connected to reset the printer as suggested. I have removed and reseated all cartridges. I have removed the printer head and thoroughly rinsed it and let dry overnight as was suggested on this message board. The problem occurred after I removed and replaced the black photo cartridge with a new HP black photo cartridge. I have also switched that cartridge.  Any suggestion short of buying a new printer?

Regents Professor
Ciara_B
Message 2 of 6 (2,900 Views)

Re: Photosmart Premium c309g-m error message

Hi deringr

After cleaning the printhead and reinstalling it, try resetting the printer

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c01808170&cc=us&lc=en&dlc=en&product=3793676&tmp...

Does this work?

- Ciara

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Twitter: @Ciara_B_HP
Honor Student
deringr
Message 3 of 6 (2,887 Views)

No. I tried that solution a number of times. Does the fact that the Magenta cartridge shows low on some tests, empty on others?

Thank you for responding

Regents Professor
Ciara_B
Message 4 of 6 (2,728 Views)

Hi deringr

Not sure what you mean by "Does the fact that the Magenta cartridge shows low on some tests, empty on others?". Are you getting different ink level results each time you do an ink level check?

Thanks

Ciara

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Twitter: @Ciara_B_HP
Honor Student
EveH
Message 5 of 6 (2,360 Views)

Hi,

Have you got any further with this one? I too am receiving 'ink supply failure' message. This has deteriorated from bad print quality, only printing magenta and blue, to nothing with this error message. I'm not sure what else I can do... Would buying a new print head (black/yellow) be likely to solve this?

Cheers,

Eve

Student
chococupcake
Message 6 of 6 (1,410 Views)

Hi, I was wondering if anyone ever solved this?

My printer started having the same problem except my warning popped up on my Mac's screen thru the HP Message Center.

I took out the print head and washed it thoroughly with water because the bottom was almost completely covered in ink. I am letting it dry overnight, but I hope this will solve my problem....

If anyone has any other solutions, please let me know!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation