Question

Tutor
japlah
Message 1 of 5 (263 Views)

Power button hp officejet 4620

[ Edited ]

Everytime the printer is switched off with the power button it will not start again until the power cord  is pulled out (mains fully disconnected) and then reinserted ? Some standby power  logic seems a little daft ?

HP Support Agent
MissTeriLynn
Message 2 of 5 (219 Views)

Re: Power button hp officejet 4620

Hi japlah,

I understand you have an Officejet 4620 that doesn't turn back on via the power button without being physically unplugged. I will certainly do my best to assist you with this issue.

The first thing I would suggest is plugging the printer directly to a wall outlet to ensure the printer is getting all the power it needs to function correctly. If the printer is still behaving the same after this, there is also a Firmware Update available for your printer that you can perform on your printer.

Hope this helps, have a great day!!

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post resolved your issue, as it will help others find the solution faster :smileyhappy:
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!

**MissTeriLynn**
I work on behalf of HP
Tutor
japlah
Message 3 of 5 (214 Views)

Thanks for response. Saddly all a waste of time:

1 your guidance instructions such as checking the existing firmware installed makes no sence to what is presented by windows 7 on this DELL machine.

2 Ignoring that and running the exe. file brings up a window to scan for HP printers but fails to find any..there  are two online ??

3 I am dismayed by the hopless support that is being given...A firmware upgrade does not need ANY interaction from the user, simply the devices. Please ask someone in your organistion to go away and do their job ! Write some good support code that works..seamless and automatic. You are wasting my precious time. 

4 I am now retired from running the IT for a major Architects in Scotland over the space of 35 years. So I have experinced alot of HP kit and been satisfied. The above is simply a poor service and not acceptable.

Tutor
japlah
Message 4 of 5 (184 Views)

I responded to your "technical" help and in the negative. In the absence of any further response you should be aware that the printer was today returned to the supplier and a full refund was made.

However the quality (hp new of the fault) of your products and your CS is now more than doubtfull. As a previous loyal and enthusiastic customer of HP for 35 years, it is with regret I cannot count HP as a first choice or even second.

Tutor
japlah
Message 5 of 5 (182 Views)

I responded to your "technical" help and in the negative. In the absence of any further response you should be aware that the printer was today returned to the supplier and a full refund was made.

However the quality (hp new of the fault) of your products and your CS is now more than doubtfull. As a previous loyal and enthusiastic customer of HP for 35 years, it is with regret I cannot count HP as a first choice or even second.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation