Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I'm using an HP Deskjet F4400 series, and I just replaced my empty black cartridge.  Prior to that, the color cartridge was around 75% full.  After installing the black cartridge, I have an error with the color cartridge, Print Cartridge Error (Electrical Failed Pen).  I found a thread that suggested cleaning the contacts, but I still have the same error, and cannot use the printer.  Please help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi, you could try doing a reset (check out this link ), then try to reseat the cartridges and perform an alignment (details here ). Does this solve the problem?

I am speaking for myself and not for HP. Twitter: @Ciara_B_27

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Anybody?

HP Recommended

Thanks anyway I guess?

HP Recommended

Hi, you could try doing a reset (check out this link ), then try to reseat the cartridges and perform an alignment (details here ). Does this solve the problem?

HP Recommended

I believe it did, thanks!

HP Recommended

None of this has worked.

I just bought the F4480 printer and get the color cartridge error "electrical failed pen". I even tried a new color cartridge and got the same error. The black ink works fine, but anytime a color cartridge is in the tray nothing will print.

Might it be a software issue?

Im using my new hp pc with a Windows 7 64bit system. Microsoft says this printer is compatible at their website.

Any help?

HP Recommended

Hi

Have you tried cleaning the contacts on the printer, in case there's some debris preventing a good connection to the cartridge contacts (more details in this doc ) ?

- Ciara

HP Recommended

I have deskjet F2410 i was baying e few months ago less then five months, one week after buying, the three color catridge was error and i substitute it. two month ago black catridge is report by my computer that error catridge, but when i substitute it, with new catridge till error report. i don't understand. i disappointed it. in my mind i want to throw down forcefully. who can assist me???

HP Recommended

Hi

Try cleaning the cartridge and carriage contacts, as outlined in this document

Does that work?

Kind Regards

Ciara

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.