Question

Top Student
echofox11
Message 1 of 13 (34,554 Views)

Print Cartridge Problem

I have a Red flashing light for Check Print Cartridge, using the online help section , I think its the Tri-Colour one thats
causing the problem (On/Resume light only flashes when I remove the Tri one), but HP Solution centre says its both.

Had this problem a week ago, and I managed to get it to print using just the Black cartridge (I removed the Tri-Colour one) and it printed perfectly.Tried again today and it doesnt work. It just adds the document to thejobs list and after a while says "Error - Printing"

Already tried:

- Restoring machine to factory settings

- Cleaning the problem cartridge (both physically and using the HP Software)

Using the latest drivers (Win7 64Bit), connected via USB (tried diff port)  and the HP diagnostic utility doesnt give any error messages.

Dont really want to purchase another Tri-Colour cartridge (student on a budget :smileytongue:) as I only need black ink and the black cartridge is quite new.

Any ideas on how I can get it to force print ?

Top Student
echofox11
Message 2 of 13 (34,508 Views)

Re: Print Cartridge Problem

Anyone ?

Provost
Bob_Headrick
Message 3 of 13 (34,495 Views)

What printer model?  I would start by removing the color cartridge, then clean the contacts in the black cartridge as shown here.

Bob Headrick, Microsoft MVP Windows Expert - Consumer,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of Microsoft or HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button ------------V

If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You"--V

Top Student
echofox11
Message 4 of 13 (34,485 Views)

[ Edited ]

Thanks for the reply :smileyhappy:

Tried that, no luck.

Model : HP PSC 1317

I'm not really bothered with making the tri-colour one work, I just need to use the black one. Btw, when I remove the Tri-Colour one, Resollution centre doesnt report a problem with the balck one, says that its status is ready and even shows ink levels.

Top Student
echofox11
Message 5 of 13 (34,472 Views)

[ Edited ]

Right, I removed the Tri-Colour one, and it seems to be printing fine just now. Seems completely ramdom as the only thing I did was clean the contacts on the Tri-Colour (both on the actual cartriage and on the printer) and then removed the tri-colour cartriage.

Anyone hazard a guess as to whats going on ?

Honor Student
jchris99
Message 6 of 13 (34,405 Views)

I believe it's the electronics inside the cartridge that has failed.  I've had it occur twice in just the last six weeks.  Two different cartridges in different HP printers.  My diagnosis - cartridge electronic circuit failure.  Question for HP - what are they going to do about it?

Student
bellangela19
Message 7 of 13 (29,879 Views)

I got the same problem though it's the black ink cartridge which is causing the error. I tried all the possible solution in vain...and the blanck ink is almost new( bought it just two weeks ago and have used it for i guess 6-8 times since).

Student
jdiddle78
Message 8 of 13 (28,077 Views)

Can anyone help me...

I have just re-hooked up my HP 6120 deskjet printer that had been sitting for about a year.  The first print task worked somewhat, and by the third was printing next to nothing.  I know the cartridge is fairly new... does anyone know what I can do to get it going..etc.

Thanks

Student
mdserajalam
Message 9 of 13 (24,227 Views)

I have a Red flashing light for Check Print Cartridge, using the online help section , I think its the Tri-Colour one thats
causing the problem (On/Resume light only flashes when I remove the Tri one), but HP Solution centre says its both.

Had this problem a week ago, and I managed to get it to print using just the Black cartridge (I removed the Tri-Colour one) and it printed perfectly.Tried again today and it doesnt work. It just adds the document to thejobs list and after a while says "Error - Printing"

Already tried:

- Restoring machine to factory settings

- Cleaning the problem cartridge (both physically and using the HP Software)

Using the latest drivers (Win7 64Bit), connected via USB (tried diff port)  and the HP diagnostic utility doesnt give any error messages.

Dont really want to purchase another Tri-Colour cartridge (student on a budget ) as I only need black ink and the black cartridge is quite new.

Any ideas on how I can get it to force print ?

Tutor
WinfieldZenith
Message 10 of 13 (22,715 Views)

A print cartridge should produce sharp and dark print. Thanks for providing this quality post that helps to reduce printing cartridge problems.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation