Print Head Failure on C6180 Printer (1999 Views)
Honor Student
jmorg48
Message 1 of 4 (1,999 Views)

Print Head Failure on C6180 Printer

Having a problem with my C6180.  Getting a print head failure message with Error Code E10003.  Using the live chat function, I contacted Support to go over the problem.  The support person walked me through a procedure to resolve the problem.  The problem appeared to be fixed.  However, the next day, the error code appeared again.  Turning the printer on and off seems to clear the problem and allows me to print.  However, the error code usually appears again within 24 hours.  Does anyone have any ideas about a permanent fix?  Just checking before I call technical support.  Thanks.

Student
idimou
Message 2 of 4 (1,569 Views)

Re: Print Head Failure on C6180 Printer

Same problem here too with my C6180: Error 0x19a0006. Printing subsystem failure.

Cleaning the cartridge heads had no effect.

Still trying to get across to the HP techies...

Regents Professor
Ciara_B
Message 3 of 4 (1,563 Views)

Hi idimou

Have you tried resetting the printer? as shown here

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Twitter: @Ciara_B_HP
Honor Student
jmorg48
Message 4 of 4 (1,556 Views)

If it is the same problem that I had with my printer, resetting it probably will not work.  I went through the HP reset procedure numerous times.  In each case the error message returned within 24 hours, and the printer quit working.  I subsequently took it to Best Buy for them to look at.  They said that they would have to send it to HP.  After a month or so, Best Buy advised that HP said it could not be fixed.  The C6180 was a good printer while it lasted.  HP used to make very good printers.  However, now it will be a "cold day in Hell" before I buy another HP printer.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation