04-16-2010 09:38 AM
Having a problem with my C6180. Getting a print head failure message with Error Code E10003. Using the live chat function, I contacted Support to go over the problem. The support person walked me through a procedure to resolve the problem. The problem appeared to be fixed. However, the next day, the error code appeared again. Turning the printer on and off seems to clear the problem and allows me to print. However, the error code usually appears again within 24 hours. Does anyone have any ideas about a permanent fix? Just checking before I call technical support. Thanks.
12-01-2010 06:42 AM
Same problem here too with my C6180: Error 0x19a0006. Printing subsystem failure.
Cleaning the cartridge heads had no effect.
Still trying to get across to the HP techies...
12-01-2010 09:12 AM
If it is the same problem that I had with my printer, resetting it probably will not work. I went through the HP reset procedure numerous times. In each case the error message returned within 24 hours, and the printer quit working. I subsequently took it to Best Buy for them to look at. They said that they would have to send it to HP. After a month or so, Best Buy advised that HP said it could not be fixed. The C6180 was a good printer while it lasted. HP used to make very good printers. However, now it will be a "cold day in Hell" before I buy another HP printer.
- HP Connected - Finding Your Printer's Email Address in HP Connected
- HP Printers - How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number?
- HP Connected - Getting the Printer Claim Code
- HP Printers - Which Cartridges Work with My HP Printer?
- HP Officejet and Photosmart All-in-One Printers - The Automatic Document Feeder (ADF) Does Not Pick Up Paper