Print job stuck in que (1698 Views)
Student
MissMeliss
Message 1 of 7 (1,698 Views)

Print job stuck in que

I am printing from an HP to an HP F4400 Series printer and have one print document stuck in the que with a message saying deleting.  The power button was accidentally hit while I was printing and therefore I had to restart the printer, cancel all documents and this one doc won't leave the que.  I attempted to uninstall and reinstall the printer but I'm being told that I can't uninstall when there are documents in the que.  Any thoughts?

Mel

Honor Student
hvidovre
Message 2 of 7 (1,688 Views)

Re: Print job stuck in que

stop the spool service, the delete any files in the windows/system32/spool/printer folder.  start the spool service, and you should be able to print
Honor Student
blueeyedbear
Message 3 of 7 (1,614 Views)

This has been a chronic problem with my Photosmart c4480.  The only way I have found is to uninstall and reinstall the printer.

De-activate spooling --- this seems related to the problem.

Honor Student
judybug1943
Message 4 of 7 (406 Views)

I have 20 jobs stuck in my HP 1000 printer

Honor Student
judybug1943
Message 5 of 7 (405 Views)

How do you delete jobs in printer que

Teacher
JMuzz
Message 6 of 7 (400 Views)

Hi there,

I would recommend taking a look at the following support document if you have print jobs stuck in queue:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c02205477&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&

I work for HP.
Tutor
LaserAjay
Message 7 of 7 (393 Views)

Hi ,

To delete Jobs from print que

Please follow the steps below :

a) From the run box in window , Please type the command - services.msc and press enter

b) From the Services listed , select Print spooler service , right click and select Stop

c) Minimize the services  window and go to c:\windows\system 32\spool\printers

d) Under  the printers folder if any stuck print  jobs are listed , now you will be able to delete the files .

e) Now again Maximize the services window and restart the Print spooler by right clicking on it .

I work for Hp

Please click koudos if that helped you

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation