Print size is too small (21656 Views)
Student
ldywhicoat
Message 11 of 21 (4,071 Views)

Re: Print size is too small

When I print using my HP, the print is so small I can hardly read it.  This has only recently started happening.  It used to work just fine.  What can I do to fix it?

Honor Student
sh_u19
Message 12 of 21 (3,875 Views)

Even while trying to print test page, print is coming too small.

Distinguished Professor
VisionAiry
Message 13 of 21 (3,778 Views)

The majority of the problems on this thread have to do with small print after printing from a web browser.  To fix that problem in Internet Explorer, select the  Page option in the command bar (at the top) and then Text Size and tell me what you have it set to. I have mine at Medium and I don't have any problem with my printouts being too small to read.

@sh_u19 - what kind of printer do you have?  If your printer's test page is printing out too small, you may have another problem.  The only suggestions I have at this time (without knowing what kind of printer, computer and connection you have) is to restore the printer to factory defaults (somewhere in the printer's setup menu) and then print the test page again to see if it has changed back.  It may be that the test page for that printer is naturally in small text.

What happens when you make a copy? Does that look okay?  What about printing from a Word document or other offline software? Answer those questions for me please. I hope I can help.

Don't forgot to say thanks by giving "Kudos" if I helped solve your problem.

When a solution is found please mark the post that solves your issue.

Every problem has a solution!
Student
PKM78
Message 14 of 21 (3,475 Views)

[ Edited ]

Went to the Firebox dropdown box, then Print then Page Setup option.  The print size had inexplicably changed to 40% so I changed it to 100% and its a full page now.  Yay!

Honor Student
sh_u19
Message 15 of 21 (3,464 Views)

Printer model is HP 1022, print coming from other system connected in the network is okay.All the systems are installed with windows 7 32 bit.

Distinguished Professor
VisionAiry
Message 16 of 21 (3,443 Views)

Page 64 of the Laserjet 1022 User Guide gives instructions on how to print a demo page by pressing the Go button.  Does this also print too small?  If the test print from the printer directly is okay, see page 9 on how to change the default printer settings in the printing preferences.  I hope this helps!

Honor Student
blinzy
Message 17 of 21 (3,327 Views)

You were right! It worked!  Thank you so much!:smileyvery-happy:

Honor Student
blinzy
Message 18 of 21 (3,326 Views)

I checked out the file in Firefox and it had 40% checked not Shrink to Fit, so I changed it to 100% and it worked! THANKS!
Distinguished Professor
VisionAiry
Message 19 of 21 (3,305 Views)

You are very welcome!  Yes there are many places to select the font type for printing, especially in web-browsers which is usually found in any section called "page setup," regardless of operating system or program.  I am glad to hear it worked.

Happy Normal Printing!   :smileyvery-happy:

Top Student
lotus222
Message 20 of 21 (2,390 Views)

Thanks.  That fixed it for me.  I have an HP printer but that doesn't matter.  Just go to the settings and uncheck shrink to fit box in browser.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation