Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP Officejet Pro L7590 All-in-

I have an HP Officejet Pro L7590 All-in-One printer.  It has recently been making me save an internet document some place (like my Desktop).  Only then can I print a document from there.  I was recently talking to someone about this and they said to try and find the "Print To File" option because it might be activated so this might be my problem.  Does anyone know where this "Print To File" option is so I can try and get it to print like it used to?  If I go to a regular Word document, it will print just fine.  HELP!!  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Once clicking change you should simply select the listed HP Officejet Pro L7500 Series icon from the list, then you should be able to print.

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi,

May you print from Google Chrome while facing such behavior?

From Chrome you may need to click the Change button within the print dialog rather that Save as PDF which Chrome may offer as default.

Hope that may help,

Otherwise please clarify which program you are printing from while the files are being saved...

A driver setting will affect any software including Word, that might also be a settign of the program you are printing from.

Shlomi

HP Recommended

When I tell it to change, what do I change it to?

HP Recommended

Once clicking change you should simply select the listed HP Officejet Pro L7500 Series icon from the list, then you should be able to print.

HP Recommended

HP Dek Jet 3050A - Will not print document unless I save document first and print from there. Any He[p?

HP Recommended

Thanks. I will try that

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.