Printed picture cuts off parts of original picture (623 Views)
Top Student
amazon
Message 1 of 5 (623 Views)
Accepted Solution

Printed picture cuts off parts of original picture

I am using a Photosmart 309g and find that 4 x 6 landscape pictures printed from my computer do not include all of the original picture. Parts of all borders (and picture) are cut off. Any thoughts on how to adjust this?

Provost
Bob_Headrick
Message 2 of 5 (604 Views)

Re: Printed picture cuts off parts of original picture

If you are printing borderless the printer will slightly oversize the print to ensure that no white borders print due to misalignment of the media.  You can adjust this in the driver, go to the "Advanced" tab, look for overspray, Shange, Change and set the slider toward least.  Depending on your printer you may need to set the slider more toward default to prevent borders.

Bob Headrick, Microsoft MVP Windows Expert - Consumer,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of Microsoft or HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

<----   If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You".

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button ---->

Top Student
amazon
Message 3 of 5 (595 Views)

I tried it and it worked. Thank you very much

Honor Student
bearcat1
Message 4 of 5 (527 Views)

this recommendation did not work for me...adjusted the overspray to least from default and no difference.  i don't understand if i use a photo software and make my photo exactly 4x6 why my printer c309 can't make the exact duplication of what i am seeing on my screen.  just because you select borderless paper it should not be resizing and making my image larger.  i lose data all around the edges.  if you try to select paper as just 4 x 6 then it doesn't fill the entire page. 

Top Student
AFay
Message 5 of 5 (430 Views)

The pictures will print on my 8X10 paper but will not print from the tray holding the photo paper.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation