Question

Tutor
barbarajoy67
Message 1 of 6 (8,355 Views)
Accepted Solution

Printer Error

What does the printer error (0X61011BEF) mean and what is to be done to not receive it again.

BJ

Regents Professor
Ciara_B
Message 2 of 6 (8,327 Views)

Re: Printer Error

Hi,

Check if there is a paper jam, and if so remove it and switch off the printer for a couple of minutes then switch it back on. If the message still appears then I'd suggest contacting phone support as this sounds like a hardware problem.

Hope this helps

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Twitter: @Ciara_B_HP
Tutor
barbarajoy67
Message 3 of 6 (8,310 Views)

Clara B.,

Thanks for your response, I think I had a build up of paper dust from printing so I used the dust remover and all is well.

Thanks

BJ

Regents Professor
Ciara_B
Message 4 of 6 (8,309 Views)

Hi BJ,

Glad to hear that all is well now! Thanks for the reply..Ciara

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Twitter: @Ciara_B_HP
Honor Student
starwilson
Message 5 of 6 (7,189 Views)

I got this message while using the CD/DVD printer.  Over time, my printer had walked it's way back to the wall, leaving no room for the CD/DVD tray to extend out the back.  I pulled the printer away from the wall and no more error messages. 

FIXED!

Honor Student
MrKing
Message 6 of 6 (6,167 Views)

I wish my issue could be fixed so easily.

I have a Photosmart Premium Fax All-in-one Printer (C309a) and the direct CD printing facility will no longer work. I get the following message on the printer's display screen:-

! General Printer Error
0x61011be6
Refer to Printer Documentation
Press OK to continue

This happens regardless of operating system (Linux or Windows Vista) and regardless of the software being used to generate the CD "label". All other print, fax, scan and copy functions on this all-in-one work perfectly.

I've looked at the advice given for this sort of General Printer Error and have followed all the advice given regarding clearing paper jams (there never are any) and ensuring  that the cartridges are not running out and are HP branded (I never use anything else).

The warranty has expired so no help from HP; except to suggest that I buy a new printer!

Is anyone able to help, please?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation