Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

The only way I can get my Photosmart 5520 to work is via a USB lead....if I attempt to use it wirelessly it will go 'offline'. I've given up trying....won't be buying another HP product, lesson learned

HP Recommended

Glad it's not just me having this problem. Also annoyed there is no real fix for this problem too. 

Would be a great wireless printer if it would just do what it says on the box!! Upgraded the firmware, software. Installed everything it needs. Once it's in 'sleep mode', it stays there. I need to use this printer remotely sometimes and when I can't it's infuriating.

Well done HP, ePrint sounds good when your selling it. But in practice on this particular printer, its CRAP. 

When I get near to the printer again (other side of ther country at the moment) I'll be turning any 'sleep modes', Wireless or standy functions off and wiring it direct to an Ethernet.

Poor product, poor service, poor functions. Avoid this printer people!

HP Recommended

This solution works with my HP SmartPhoto 5520 device and Windows 8.1

Set a static IP in the printer (click here) (example for a Linksys router)

Open your Control Panel.

Go to View devices and printers (or devices and printers)

Add printer

Now it will search for the printer but will not find it , so you can cancel this or wait.

Now you click on The printer that I want isn’t listed.

Select Add a printer using a TCP/IP address or hostname.

Select TCP-IP device.

Type the IP address from the printer

Click on next.

(If you get a question about a port – select the HP Jetdirect.)

Use the already installed drivers.

HP Recommended

I moved the office to another room and now my HP Photosmart 5520 says Offline.  I ran the troubleshooter but it did not detect any problems. How do I fix this?

HP Recommended

I have no idea how to do anything you are asking to do, is there an easier way to make it work the way it should?

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.