09-20-2011 11:22 AM
I found out how to fix it, from a technician with Office Depot. He had me pull up on the front panel, which exposed the print heads and the complete paper path. I found bits of paper in the mechanism, which when removed allow the machine to work like new. I really do not understand why this is not pointed out in the manual. Removing the back carrier and pulling out the paper from that point is not as effective as going in from the top. I plan to clean this area from time to time and lubricate my rollers to keep it up and running smoothly.
09-20-2011 11:54 AM
What are planning to use to lubricate the rollers? Which rollers are you planning on lubricating? I'm a little concerned about foreign liquids getting onto your paper in the paper path, or other potential negative effects.
12-29-2011 12:35 PM
hey,my printer is doing the same thing,ive tryed unplugging it,ive looked every where for paper and see none,this printer was a christmas present and only used one time to see if it worked,so i know its not age,i really need it for employment purposes and cannot figure out whats wrong,please what can i do?
02-14-2012 10:45 AM
I have the same problem. My HP Officejet 4500 (fairly new) keeps on telling me that there is a 'paper jam', however I could not find any paper anywhere.
Does anybody have a solution for this?
02-17-2012 12:25 PM
- Turn off the printer.
- Inspect the location or tray the printed paper ejects to. If the stuck paper is visible manually remove it.*
- Remove all paper trays and any paper that may be stuck between the tray and the printer. If the stuck paper is visible manually remove it.*
- Open the printer door that allows you access to the printer ink cartridges or toner and look for any stuck paper. If the stuck paper is visible manually remove it.*
- Turn the printer back on. If you continue to receive a printer jam error try repeating the above steps again. If issue still persist and you see no paper that is stuck in the printer it's likely your printer is experiencing another hardware issues and we suggest contacting the printer manufacturer for additional assistance or repair.
02-22-2012 11:26 AM
Printer had been working fine for several years (Model Photosmart D5160).
Last night I tried to print from a photo on my computer. It would not feed a 8x10 sheet of photo paper.
It will print on regular paper and heavy paper but will not feed the 8x10 photo paper.
It also says there is a paper jam. There is no paper in the printer.
What is wrong? Why won't it feed the photo paper?
03-03-2012 07:55 AM
Even I'm having he same problem with my printer (HP Photosmart C4680). There's nothing at all in the printer but it keeps saying "PAPER JAM, CLEAR PAPER JAM". I opened the printer (front and back), checked it, put a paper in and dragged it behind to see if it's clear. But even that, it keeps saying PAPER JAM.
What should I do to make it work? It's not printing at all. Very annoying.
- HP Connected - Finding Your Printer's Email Address in HP Connected
- HP Printers - How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number?
- HP Connected - Getting the Printer Claim Code
- HP Printers - Which Cartridges Work with My HP Printer?
- HP Officejet and Photosmart All-in-One Printers - The Automatic Document Feeder (ADF) Does Not Pick Up Paper