Question
Printer Paper Jam
Replies (82)

Honor Student
Ams33
Message 11 of 83 (20,912 Views)

Re: Printer Paper Jam

I found out how to fix it, from a technician with Office Depot.  He had me pull up on the front panel, which exposed the print heads and the complete paper path.  I found bits of paper in the mechanism, which when removed allow the machine to work like new.  I really do not understand why this is not pointed out in the manual.  Removing the back carrier and pulling out the paper from that point is not as effective as going in from the top.  I plan to clean this area from time to time and lubricate my rollers to keep it up and running smoothly.

Teacher
CyclingFool
Message 12 of 83 (20,910 Views)

What are planning to use to lubricate the rollers?  Which rollers are you planning on lubricating?  I'm a little concerned about foreign liquids getting onto your paper in the paper path, or other potential negative effects.

Regards, CF

While I do work for HP, anything I say is from me and me alone, and does not reflect the views, opinions, strategies, or favorite ice cream of HP in any way, shape or form.
Student
Claree
Message 13 of 83 (20,088 Views)

I constantly get an E (error) on my printer.

I can not find a paper jam but the printer will not print.

Student
dawn6133
Message 14 of 83 (19,963 Views)

hey,my printer is doing the same thing,ive tryed unplugging it,ive looked every where for paper and see none,this printer was a christmas present and only used one time to see if it worked,so i know its not age,i really need it for employment purposes and cannot figure out whats wrong,please what can i do?

Student
fhbuff
Message 15 of 83 (19,893 Views)

HP L7680    Printer always goes to "paper jam" signal, after I have cleared the "jam" rear and front it returns to Jam signal ... 

Student
anietka
Message 16 of 83 (19,490 Views)

I have the same problem. My HP Officejet 4500 (fairly new) keeps on telling me that there is a 'paper jam', however I could not find any paper anywhere. 
Does anybody have a solution for this?

Student
Andrewpaul
Message 17 of 83 (19,448 Views)

When working with any printer it's inevitable that you'll encounter a paper jam. Below are the steps you'll want to follow when this occurs.

1. Turn off the printer.
  2. Inspect the location or tray the printed paper ejects to. If the stuck paper is visible manually remove it.*
  3. Remove all paper trays and any paper that may be stuck between the tray and the printer. If the stuck paper is visible manually remove it.*
  4. Open the printer door that allows you access to the printer ink cartridges or toner and look for any stuck paper. If the stuck paper is visible manually remove it.*
  5. Turn the printer back on. If you continue to receive a printer jam error try repeating the above steps again. If issue still persist and you see no paper that is stuck in the printer it's likely your printer is experiencing another hardware issues and we suggest contacting the printer manufacturer for additional assistance or repair.

http://www.techyv.com/questions/trouble-paper-jam-printer

Student
mbrost
Message 18 of 83 (19,378 Views)

Printer had been working fine for several years (Model Photosmart D5160).

Last night I tried to print from a photo on my computer. It would not feed a 8x10 sheet of photo paper.

It will print on regular paper and heavy paper but will not feed the 8x10 photo paper.

It also says there is a paper jam. There is no paper in the printer.

What is wrong? Why won't it feed the photo paper?

Top Student
alkenna
Message 19 of 83 (19,359 Views)

CP1215 LaserJet. Has a paper in the guts of the machine. Can't get to it through doors. What can I do?

Student
Deesha5
Message 20 of 83 (19,268 Views)

Even I'm having he same problem with my printer (HP Photosmart C4680). There's nothing at all in the printer but it keeps saying "PAPER JAM, CLEAR PAPER JAM". I opened the printer (front and back), checked it, put a paper in and dragged it behind to see if it's clear. But even that, it keeps saying PAPER JAM

What should I do to make it workIt's not printing at all. Very annoying

Any solution?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation