Printer cancels print job by itself (3778 Views)
Honor Student
AngryEric
Message 1 of 5 (3,778 Views)

Printer cancels print job by itself

My printer quite often will cancel print jobs in the midst of printing, even if I haven't touched any buttons on it. So it will eject half printed pages.  I am not provided with any error messages. My previous printer, also an HP Photosmart, did this too and I returned it and got a new printer to try and resolve this issue, but to no avail. I would really appreciate any help with this problem, as it is very frustrating. I have an image of a half printed flag.

IMG_0968.JPG

Provost
erico
Message 2 of 5 (3,758 Views)

Re: Printer cancels print job by itself

Hi,

AngryEric wrote:

My printer quite often will cancel print jobs in the midst of printing, even if I haven't touched any buttons on it. So it will eject half printed pages.  I am not provided with any error messages. My previous printer, also an HP Photosmart, did this too and I returned it and got a new printer to try and resolve this issue, but to no avail. I would really appreciate any help with this problem, as it is very frustrating. I have an image of a half printed flag.

IMG_0968.JPG

Try disconnecting from the internet and then print something to see if it still happens.

What are you you using for antivirus/malware/firewall solution?

Go to ESET.Com and use their online scanner. Does it find anything interesting?

Best regards, 

erico

Help others seeking a solution by clicking on the "Accept As Solution" button if my suggestion resolves the issue you were having
****I am a volunteer, I don't work for HP****

Microsoft MVP - Microsoft Windows Expert - Consumer

Provost
Bob_Headrick
Message 3 of 5 (3,750 Views)

Please read this post then provide some details. What printer model (there are hundreds of Photosmart models)? What operating system? 32 bit or 64 bit? How is the printer connected - USB, wired LAN, Wireless LAN, bluetooth?  Are there any error messages on the printer or computer screen?

Bob Headrick, Microsoft MVP Windows Expert - Consumer,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of Microsoft or HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

<----   If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You".

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button ---->

Honor Student
AngryEric
Message 4 of 5 (3,732 Views)

Sorry for not providing more detail. My printer is an HP Photosmart Premium C310a. My operating system is Windows 7 64-bit. My printer is connected with a wired LAN connection. There are no error messages on the PC monitor or the printer's screen.

Student
Baldy0
Message 5 of 5 (2,822 Views)

Having the same problem with my C310, using the same settings, but it does not happen all the time. Very annoying when you are half way through a full page colour print
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation