06-27-2012 12:06 AM
What exactly are you saying - that the cartridge runs out whileubdicating there is still 25% ink remaining, or that the low on ink indicator indicates the ink is low but there is actually 25% remaining?
I suspect the latter - the ink indicator lets you know when the ink is getting low so you can have time to have a replacement on hand. You can continue to print until the cartridge actually runs out, see the document here which says:
"NOTE: Ink level warnings and indicators provide estimates for planning purposes only. When an indicator shows low ink levels, consider having a replacement cartridge available to avoid possible printing delays. You do not need to replace cartridges until prompted to do so."
Bob Headrick, HP Expert
I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.
If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button ------------V
If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You"--V
06-27-2012 10:12 AM
With 25% showing on the program indicator and the cartridge actually having a lot of ink, the printer stops using that particular color and I have to throw cartridges with approximately 25% of the ink remaining away.
- HP Connected - Finding Your Printer's Email Address in HP Connected
- HP Printers - How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number?
- HP Connected - Getting the Printer Claim Code
- HP Printers - Which Cartridges Work with My HP Printer?
- HP Officejet and Photosmart All-in-One Printers - The Automatic Document Feeder (ADF) Does Not Pick Up Paper