Printer ink cartridge problem - will not recognize it. (546 Views)
Honor Student
grandmakris
Message 1 of 2 (546 Views)

Printer ink cartridge problem - will not recognize it.

I have a fairly new - as of January - Photosmart Plus B209 printer. It has worked perfectly. The other day I put in a new cartridge and the screen says it is either damaged or not there. I bought another cartridge, but it is not recognizing that one either. When I go into the HP solution center it says my printer is disconnected. I have shut the printer off and on several times, I have unplugged and replugged in the power chord a few times, I have uninstalled and reinstalled the software once, still I get the same message. Maybe the spot where the cartridge goes is actually bad. It looks fine. I have cleaned it with the soft cloth as mentioned in one help. The cartridge snapped in place like normal. I do have insurance on it, if it needs replacing. I would like to get this solved. I really like this printer.

Thank you for any help!

Honor Student
grandmakris
Message 2 of 2 (511 Views)

Re: Printer ink cartridge problem - will not recognize it.

I want to add to the question I asked yesterday. I got the disconnected problem figured out. Some how my Zone Alarm had changed its setting so it would not allow for sharing printers. That is solved. Now, I just need to figure out this ink problem. I have tried about every trick I can.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation