Printer keeps saying it's out of paper (23120 Views)
Student
lookinat
Message 1 of 25 (23,120 Views)

Printer keeps saying it's out of paper

After about 2 1/2 years of trouble-free copying and printing with my Photosmart C3100 All-in-One printer, it stopped printing. it It's apparently convinced that it's out of paper, because the check paper light keeps flashing and a little box comes up on my monitor with the message that it's out of paper.  It's not.  I've tried changing the paper, cleaning it, and disconnecting and reconnecing it.

It printed a few pages for me, now it says it's out of paper again.  It's driving me crazy!

Has this happened to anyone else, or do you know what's really wrong and how to correct the problem?  If so, please enlighten me.  Or is it simply time to buy a new printer?  Thanks :smileysurprised:).

Student
beubanks
Message 2 of 25 (23,000 Views)

Re: Printer keeps saying it's out of paper

My hp 6500 keeps saying the same thing.  It only worked for about 6 months.  It's driving me INSANE.  I see no one has responded to you.  Does HP monitor this site?? 

Student
Bullbusaur
Message 3 of 25 (22,993 Views)

My printer always said "load paper in the main trail" or something like that every single time I tryed to print an envelope

Try to mess with the "type of paper", I found out that when I print like a postal card, it will work for my problem

Honor Student
larryohio
Message 4 of 25 (22,417 Views)

this is EXACTLY what my C3180 is doing! Was working fine. All of a sudden it decided there's no paper. I'm convinced it's a bad sensor, but currently my printer is absolutely WORTHLESS. Please someone help!

Honor Student
KjstoneDE
Message 5 of 25 (22,328 Views)

I'm experiencing this same problem with my Officejet J4680C.  This is very, very frustrating.  Does anyone have an answer...I need to use my printer soon!!!!  Thanks.

Intern
Pri15s
Message 6 of 25 (22,314 Views)

Honor Student
KjstoneDE
Message 7 of 25 (22,298 Views)

Thanks a bunch.  I'm up and running now!!!

Student
ccagatao
Message 8 of 25 (21,029 Views)

I have the exact same problem.  How can I fix it?

Top Student
ozkhilands
Message 9 of 25 (20,740 Views)

Re: Printer keeps saying it's out of paper when its not

hp j6480 all in one, had paper jam cleared jam, now it will not print, been trying to get it to work with no luck cleaned it as good as I could did not help. thought that    I was about to get it going at one time because it started printing like crazy never did print that fast before, man it was really spitting them out, they wrer all backed up in the qas I tryied to send it a print job from laptop by wireless and it went back to not printing just says printer is out of paper when its not, tryed different papers ,no luck. it will pick up the paper ok and run it up to where it should start to print then stop and say i am out of paper Icam about to take it down to the river and see how big a splash it makes when I drop it off the bridge      carl

Top Student
ozkhilands
Message 10 of 25 (20,729 Views)

did you get printer fixed ?? if so how I just cant get this one to work. just bought a 6500aplus but if I can get this one to work agaqin I will take is back. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation