Question

Honor Student
bizteck
Message 1 of 2 (3,803 Views)

Printer not printing full page

Printer HP F4580

OS       Vista 

Connection  Wireless/USB Both

Issue  When I print a document it doesnt matter pdf/jpg/word or open office the printer chops the top 2-3 cm off the page and then of course leave the bottem 2-3 cm blanc.

I found the page setting were for letter 8.5*11'' I set them to A4 no difference.

I cleaned the  paper feed -nope

reinstalled the pirnter- nada

I aligned the print caterages it printed the alignment page the same 3cm too low which in turn I think has screwed up the scanner as it now scans pages missaglined to the left by 1 cm ie you scan an A4 page and the entire document is 1 cm wider so when you print it out the left side gets chopped off!  

This has already cost me dear as a boarding card printed on this machine had the flight details missing so I was denied boarding!!

I am out of ideas and i haven't got the time to mess for hours with this junk any help PLEASE!

Honor Student
bizteck
Message 2 of 2 (3,748 Views)

Re: Printer not printing full page

Update After getting NO help from HP and on this forum and being unable to scan or print a document on this piece of crap for a month.

It has given me great pleasure to smash the printer into pieces the sound of breaking glass was music to my ears ( we have recently moved house and the receipt is lost so no refund available from the 5 month old printer.  

Over the last 3 years I have bought a HP desktop / Ext hard drive/ 2 laptops and this printer only the ext hard drive had not required a repair.  the two laptops both has factory faults thankfully under European law I was given a full refund  the desktop failed requiring a return and free repair and now this.... I am not a violent man but we all know to get anything repaired when its not your fault is a nightmare of paperwork taking up to 6 months. 

A hammer is SO MUCH MORE EFFICIENT.

I declare I will NEVER buy HP ever again!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation