Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
If you're having print quality issues Click here for more tips!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

@Egwig wrote:

My printer is a Photosmart c4680. It prints an alignment page at every switch on.

I then scan the page and get a message saying' 'Alignment successful.'  

Next switch on, same thing again, print and scan and 'successful' message.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the latest software and drivers several times but still the same procedure every switch on.

Are you turning the printer off with an external switch?  The printer should always be plugged into a live outlet and only the printer's power switch used to turn it off.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button 

If my answer was helpful please click "Yes" to the "Was this post helpful" question.

HP Recommended

That one is too easy..When You turn it on, hold the key with the red X down, till green light Blinks ..Good luck !!

Particolor ...

Now to MY problem......

HP Recommended

Your Problem is Simple...When You turn it on Hold the Key with the RedX on it down untill the Green Light Blinks ..OK ??.

Particolor ..

Now to MY problem....

HP Recommended

I had been switching off at the wall socket. Have now amended my wicked ways. All seems well.  Thank you.

HP Recommended

Hi,

I have an HP C3100 and just changed the print cartridge. This is not the first time I changed it.  Ths time, it is printing the test page everytime I print.  I followed the instructions about turning it on and off, unplugging the USB and scanning the test page.  After turning it on again, it still prints the test page.  Please help!!

HP Recommended

I gave the solution a little while back .

How do You think

We sell so much INK ??

Now get off the subject

Your Driving Me mad!!!

Try another Brand Printer

I'm sure Youll be GLAD !!!!..

Particolor...Happy Little Vegemite.......

PS..or just as SAD !!!!

HP Recommended

I think, dear consumers, you are looking at the problem. That is to encourage you to continue trying to solve an HP software problem by allowing the printer to complete it's scan cycle. That doesn't work. I've left it to complete it's scan cycle over the weekend and, when I tried to use the printer on Monday...guess what happened. Same result. So, who are you going to believe HP tech support or your own experience. My 4700 is doing the same thing. I used to only buy HP printers. They always fed paper reliably and soldiered on for 10 years. HP has apparently lost that. I will not buy another one after several burns. They're working hard to lose the printer business. But, hey HP, keep suggesting the same non- working solutions out there. It's easier than owning up to feed, wifi, and cartridge alignment problems. 

HP Recommended

I gave the solution to this problem Many Months ago, I have an HP Print Copy Scan and the Ink Hog USED to do that every time I turned it on..but not now !! When You turn it on just hold Your Finger on the RED X button on the control panel for a few seconds and WALAH No test page ..OK ??? Thanks... Parti...

HP Recommended

My C3180 kept printing test/alignment pages every time the power was turned on. I tried all of the solutions given by the HP employees and experts. Tried to reset it. Plugged it directly into the wall, not a power strip. Scanned the test page. Cleaned the jets with a Q-Tip. Nothing worked, so I decided to quit wasting my money on high priced HP cartridges. Ordered some cheap remanufactured cartridges from Amazon. $13.99 for 4 cartridges (2 color and 2 black). The printer ran an test/alignment page when I powered it up after installing the remanufactured cartridges and it hasn't printed a test page since. I've turned it on and off 10 times and still no test page.

HP Recommended
Wow...thanks for the tip. I wonder if my 4700 is still sitting in the recycling bin at Home Depot. They gave me $50 for it in trade on a new brother machine. But I will remember this.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.