Question

Tutor
smwschoon
Message 1 of 8 (13,367 Views)

Printer prints in what looks like a foreign language

I have an HP Officejet Pro 7780 all-in-one.  When printing bank statements or documents from my company intranet the printer will print the whole page, 1/2 a page or 1 line in what looks like a foreign language.  I've been trying for over 2 months to get this corrected through HP tech support.  Now I'm 45 days past the warranty and it still no one can get this corrected.  I must have emailed, chatted, & phoned with at least 6 different tech people.No one can correct this problem.  Has anyone ever had this happen and how did you correct it without buying a new printer.  This is my 3rd HP printer and have liked them up until now.

This is what it may look like )^(^YKNGOyreoe**!!!4reouhntgofythq34,5t98p6*%(PR7utkre.  Help someone! 

Provost
Bob_Headrick
Message 2 of 8 (13,358 Views)

Re: Printer prints in what looks like a foreign language

I do not have an answer but just saw this post which appears to be the same symptoms.  You might subscribe to that post as well.

Regards,
Bob Headrick, Microsoft MVP Printing/Imaging

Bob Headrick, Microsoft MVP Windows Expert - Consumer,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of Microsoft or HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button -------------------v

If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You"--V

BNE Honor Student
Honor Student
BNE
Message 3 of 8 (12,272 Views)

Same problem with the PhotoSmart C4750- looks like a new printer (not HP) is the only answer from what I can detect.

Top Student
diane672
Message 4 of 8 (10,202 Views)

Found this fix..

Today, after reprinting the same PDF several times, and getting garbage out each time, I clicked “print”, and started looking around in the print window that opens for my HP 7260 printer. When I print PDFs, I get an “Advanced” button in the bottom left corner of the print window that I can click on. There are a bunch of “greyed-out” postscript options in this window, but there is also a check box that says “Print as image”. I decided to check this box and click “OK”, which closes the advanced printing options window, then I clicked “OK” to send the PDF to the printer. I think doing this causes the entire document to be sent to the printer as “raster graphics”, rather than as PCL containing a mix of graphics and ASCII text.

Voila! The PDF printed correctly. I’m not certain that checking the “Print as image” option was the reason, but it’s worth trying if you are having this problem, and you have this option in your print setup.

http://routingbyrumor.wordpress.com/2007/12/30/my-adobe-acrobat-pdf-files-are-printing-garbage-text-...

Student
ek4016
Message 5 of 8 (8,771 Views)

prints in jibberish   px!uifz! Sbuf

Regents Professor
Travis_C
Message 6 of 8 (8,739 Views)

Printer prints in what looks like a foreign language

Hello ek4016

What operating system and what printer are you using? If using a Windows operating system, see the link below for troubleshooting strange or garbled text when printing.
Continuous Pages of Strange or Garbled Characters Print in Windows
Don't forgot to say thanks by giving "Kudos" to those that help solve your problems.

When a solution is found please mark the post that solves your issue.
Top Student
Elaine64
Message 7 of 8 (4,519 Views)

THIS WORKS!!! THANKS SO MUCH!
Student
touchtone32
Message 8 of 8 (802 Views)

my hp printer prints in a foreing language

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation