Question

Student
ElveeKaye
Message 1 of 2 (1,013 Views)

Printer pulls paper in but won't print; Resume light flashes

I have an HP Deskjet F4280 all-in-one that is about a year old. I managed to get the drivers installed properly yesterday on my desktop computer--a Dell Dimension B110 with Windows XP Home Edition installed. Yesterday, the printer worked fine when I printed a page off a website as a test, but today it is acting weird. It sucks in a sheet of paper (sometimes pulling it in crooked), hesitates, then spits it halfway out, all while making a loud clunking noise. I have to pull the paper the rest of the way out. The "Resume" light flashes, but when I press it, the printer simply repeats the routine again, without printing anything. Here is what I have done so far:

Cleaned the ink cartridges (which are both nearly full, as I haven't used them much)

Cleaned the rollers

Disconnected the USB cord and plugged it back in

Unplugged the printer and plugged it back in

Restarted my computer

Realigned the paper 

Checked for paper jams--there are none

Made sure it is set as the default printer

Cleared the document printing queue

Put my hands in the air

Waved 'em around like I just don't care

This printer has been a bit dodgy from the time I bought it, but I figured that's what I get for 60 bucks, you know? So I'm wondering if I should just throw it away and buy a new one. Any advice will be greatly appreciated!

Student
jenniferyhap
Message 2 of 2 (405 Views)

Re: Printer won't print; Resume light flashes

Hello,

I discovered a problem when I tried to send a 1 page document from my Acer (using Open Office software) to the HP printer.  The Resume light kept flashing.

I have gone through the steps of checking for blocks in the carriage (nothing apparent); and resetting the printer (unplug the printer, unplug the cord from the outlet, then plug in again).  Now, when I try to print a self-test page (holding down the on button and the cancel button together), nothing happens!

I use an Acer Aspire One, about 3 years old, bought at about the same time as the printer.

I am currently only using the black cartridge, but it has worked in the past with black only ink.

Someone, please help.

Thank you.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation