Printer will not print from computer, but will make copies. (1318 Views)
Honor Student
Gracie5
Message 1 of 4 (1,318 Views)

Printer will not print from computer, but will make copies.

My Photosmart C4280 All-in-One was working fine and suddenly it will not print from my computer.   After trying Diagnostic Utility 4.1 the message appeared that it has "encountered a problem and needs to close."  Also, a message appeared that it is "offline."  Can anyone help to get it back online?  I desperately need this printer in working order.

Provost
Bob_Headrick
Message 2 of 4 (1,260 Views)

Re: Printer will not print from computer, but will make copies.

What operating system? How is the printer connected?

Bob Headrick, Microsoft MVP Windows Expert - Consumer,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of Microsoft or HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

<----   If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You".

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button ---->

Honor Student
terryyyy
Message 3 of 4 (1,225 Views)

On April 7, 2011 half of my immediate files simply disappeared. 

1 --Favorites

2 --Favorites Bar

3 --e-mail library

4 --8 icons on my starter screen -- I tried 'recovery': those 8 icons returned like ghosts; they were only half visible.

4 ---Address book

From that day on I have not been able to print photos,  I can print out anything BUT photos. 

"Antii-Spy, anti-maggots, anti-bugs, anti-criminals, anti-bogus, anti-brands"  have constantly been bugging any person on the internet to buy their "secure" product.  I am rather disgusted about how little twerps are sending so much unsolicited mail (and charging YOU for it) and getting away with it.

Student
mzn1
Message 4 of 4 (876 Views)

Check out printer with HP-printer prints from Word but will not print from internet

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation